Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a quick overview regarding stock spoilers on 2015 - 2017 models?
Are they standard on all vehicles for these model years or only if you have the backup camera package? I know in 2014, the SXT models did not come with factory installed spoilers, but wondering what the spoiler situation is for 2015 to current.

·
Registered
14,280 Posts
Regarding SXT, there's 3 possible configurations. The camera is in the spoiler so have to have it. The base SXT comes with no spoiler so you will have no camera. Only way to get the camera on a base SXT is to have an option that includes the big rear spoiler with camera, like Super Track Pack, Blacktop or one of the Appearance Packages like Satin Vapor, California or Southeast editions. Even if you stay with the little 5.0 radio it will display the camera image.

The base SXT with Super Sport Group does include a spoiler but it is a little half spoiler and does not have a camera so no backup camera with that setup regardless of radio.

So that's it for base SXT, got to have the big rear spoiler to have it and it's the same for base R/T. It comes with the half spoiler like SXT with Super Sport so it won't have a camera either unless you order Blacktop or Super Track Pack, then you get the big spoiler with camera.

For SXT Plus and R/T Plus and everything above them, it's easy. They all have it! They all have the big spoiler with camera and the 8.4 radio for a nice big screen to see.

Hope I got all that right lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Thank you. There certainly are many more permutations of spoilers than I originally conjectured!
Well if you don't want a spoiler you could do the license plate holder camera. I have a 14 R/T and didn't want the camera on the spoiler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts