Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've decided to get my stock srt wheels painted. I'm going with gloss black, and I'm considering a purple time attack stripe on them. I'm pretty sure I've seen this done on someone elses car, but can't find the picture for the life of me right now and I want to make sure its gonna look good. Not positive what color the last one I had seen was but should give me a good idea whatever it is. Anyone know where I can find this picture? I've been looking around for a couple days and haven't come across it.

Also, anyone have opinions? Either to go with just gloss black, or to include the stripe?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here you go and please go with the stripe it makes the rims stand out more.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I wont be going with the faces body color just the stripe around the rim. But, that does help thanks for the pics. If its not too much more I think I am going to go with the stripe. I'm headed to the shop in about a half hour to talk with them about it so I need to make up my mind.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Good luck I love the look it gave my car.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well, I wont be going with the faces body color just the stripe around the rim. But, that does help thanks for the pics. If its not too much more I think I am going to go with the stripe. I'm headed to the shop in about a half hour to talk with them about it so I need to make up my mind.

I had mine powder coated gloss black also, but I went with just the stripe as you mentioned in orange. I get so many more compliments with the rims done now. It's amazing. I like the face done, but it can be a bit much sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I think powder coating the stock wheels and body color the spokes looks sick. If I would have any other color than silver I would have done that myself. Spanky Spanky

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As per the suggestion of the guy at the shop, I just went with gloss black for now. I decided I'd rather see it first like that and can always add the stripe later. I know, it woulda been awesome with it, but definitely not a bad idea to do it in steps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts