Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was putting my strut tower brace back on today in the engine bay and dropped one of the OEM nut/washer combined fasteners. I thought it went all the way down to the underbody cover but after getting the car up and cover off I can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Anyone know exactly what size this nut/washer combo is and does it need to be the OEM style or can it simply be a std nut and maybe a lock washer as mine are covered with Billet tech covers anyway? The OEM doesn't look like a locking type fastener so does it even need a lock washer?

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Can't answer your question but if you have a compressor and an air gun, use it to blow out under the hood and suspension and maybe the nut will come flying out. Worked for me once or twice.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Pull another nut off and take it to a local hardware store (Lowe's) and they will size it so you can buy another nut.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't answer your question but if you have a compressor and an air gun, use it to blow out under the hood and suspension and maybe the nut will come flying out. Worked for me once or twice.
I tried that when I had the belly skin off...no luck but thanks anyway!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pull another nut off and take it to a local hardware store (Lowe's) and they will size it so you can buy another nut.

Clearly I can do that and will BUT...what I didn;t know is if there is anything special given the job this fastener does insecuring the toop of the strut. It's an integrated washer/nut combo and I don
t know if it's hardened or something else so was hoping someone might know if it's anything special or if I can just get a standard from the hardware...

Guess I'll just grab one from the dealer...

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,120 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me last week!
I went to Advance auto and took one OEM nut off in the parking lot to show them. They had somthing close. It is a 12mm, and marked M8-1.25 for the thread count? It is the type with built in washer like stock but the nut is just a bit smaller scale than stock. They where sold in a plastic pack of 4.
I'm gonna cover mine too with the schnappa cap mod.:smokin:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same exact thing happened to me last week!
I went to Advance auto and took one OEM nut off in the parking lot to show them. They had somthing close. It is a 12mm, and marked M8-1.25 for the thread count? It is the type with built in washer like stock but the nut is just a bit smaller scale than stock. They where sold in a plastic pack of 4.
I'm gonna cover mine too with the schnappa cap mod.:smokin:

Gold star for you!! Thanks a ton!

Also...please excuse the spelling and typos in my previous post..was trying to do it from my cell and that didn't work well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts