Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what stock size is and if it's worth going up to a 78mm? And if so what would be required after?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,252 Posts
There is Performance After Market Throttle Body by BBK but truthfully just a TB is not going to make any difference except for Response that's it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is Performance After Market Throttle Body by BBK but truthfully just a TB is not going to make any difference except for Response that's it.
Alright thank you. Any other suggestions? I can't do headers for this model sadly but going to do a muffler delete sometime next week. Already have a k&n intake and pedal commander.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Be Aware Pedal Commanders can cause Limp Mode with Throttle , Banks Pedal Monster safer and better designed unit hands down same price range.
Depending on the Exhaust Mod can cause serious Drone noise.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Blake, welcome to the forum.

Watcha lot of videos and read a lot from people who have done mods on the pentastar engine. From what I have read and watched (I have a 392) the V6 is tough to mod as it was not really designed to be "performance enhanced" and the aftermarket has largely ignored this engine. The "usual" upgrades, CAI, headers, exhaust...etc typically don't give the bang for the buck that you'd expect and you could be disappointed.

Now, having said that, your car will respond really well to suspension modifications. If it were me, I'd put my money into shock towers, sway bars, shocks, springs....etc. The 300hp pentastar is a pretty stout performer and your suspension mods will give you an immediate "feel."

So, in answer to your question... I don't think a 78mm TB would give you much of anything.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The 2011 - 2014 with factory Unlocked PCM and a Diablo Tuner and Dyno Tweak close to a grand all said and done you can get up to about 300 RWHP vs the 265RWHP and 305hp Flywheel Engine Dyno

There is mods but they are so expensive its over 7k to really then see huge numbers super charger, or one company who does offer Huge Power

Ripp Superchargers

Suspension, Tires Upgrades are good and Strut Tower Bars makes a huge Handling Difference as mentioned.

Even with the stock SXT its a solid car with a very reliable power plant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts