Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend I had my stock system removed and put on a dual cat back system. I bought my Flowsound X pipe and 2 Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers (no resonators) while the shop did all the piping (2.25 inches) and installation at Triple A Muffler in Garland, Texas. Be sure to ask for Gary. Used OEM tips that I bought at takeoffautoparts.com and I think my total was under $400. Gary let me buy my own mufflers and x pipe to save money. I can definitely feel a very noticeable difference in the performance of the car--especially in the low end range. Much more jump when I punch the pedal. As for the drone, there is some at certain RPMs but my wife did not say a word. I, however, can hear it and not sure at this point what I will do about it. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice video...well done.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Really top quality work and great sound, I'm glad you went with the 2.25, a far more optimal size. The super 44 are not made as quiet mufflers, so is there any 1600 RPM 65 MPH type drone? Really sounds great with that X pipe balance sound (twice as many beats per side).

"Flowmaster’s Super 44 Muffler uses the same Delta Flow Technology found in our larger Super 40 mufflers. The Super 44 delivers a powerful rich tone and is the most aggressive, deepest sounding, highest performing four-inch case street muffler we’ve eve built! Constructed from 16-guage aluminized or 409S Stainless Steel and fully MIG-welded for maximum durability"

·
Registered
205 Posts
interior stock.... lol... i had to plug the laptop into the stereo to hear it. if it wasnt for the bouncing, i wouldnt have known it was running... hahaaa..

as for the drone.
you may get some of that knocked off with a resonator at the end. flowmaster uses it with their kits. you may contact flowmaster directly to see what they suggest. i'm not sure if the resonator they use is nothing more than a 10 series or what....

·
Registered
205 Posts
interior stock.... lol... i had to plug the laptop into the stereo to hear it. if it wasnt for the bouncing, i wouldnt have known it was running... hahaaa..

as for the drone.
you may get some of that knocked off with a resonator at the end. flowmaster uses it with their kits. you may contact flowmaster directly to see what they suggest. i'm not sure if the resonator they use is nothing more than a 10 series or what....

-edit-
on checking the flowmaster site, they sell resonators... but they're for 3" pipe

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is awesome! This is the first thing I did when I brought my SE with the same muffler. I also had Triple A muffler in Garland do mine as well. Although I went with the Y-Pipe instead of dual exhaust. Sounds great! (like mine!)

·
Registered
302 Posts
That really does sound very good.

One of, if not the best challenger v6 sound that I have heard.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was hesitent to spend any money on exhaust on a v6, but i heard my friends spintech true duals (no x/h pipes) they sound like freakin V8. Now i have to bite the bullet and get some real exhaust. My friend with an SRT8 just got flowmasters, though they acutally didn't really sound that good on a 6.1 for some reason. I actually think the video of the 3.5 sounds better.

·
Registered
574 Posts
It definitely looks better, but as far as sound goes I can't really tell because of the quality of the video. I think it sounds better, but I would never make a decision based off of what I heard just because it is not very clear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well I listened to most v6 exhausts on you tube and I think this one is the best sounding and distinct sound. It is not a v8 sound but rather a unique sound that echoes v8's. It is prob something I will do on my car. Good to hear you did not lose any torque at the bottom end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts