Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the website today, and those lovely Minilite looking wheels that used to be in the photos have been replaced by coyote ugly wheels that look like the ones on the Hellcat.

Yuk.

WTH, Chrysler?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
When we order our 2015 I plan on getting custom wheels or keeping our 09 classic wheels.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah, not thrilled with the wheel choices so far. Not sure what they are thinking. Some how they think we are all into the black out look.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Here's what I saw on this nice SRT last week:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
Went to the website today, and those lovely Minilite looking wheels that used to be in the photos have been replaced by coyote ugly wheels that look like the ones on the Hellcat.

Yuk.

WTH, Chrysler?
I agree 1000%!!!

When I first saw the SRT in Jazz Blue with those wheels I was blown away, I hope that it is just a temporary supplier issue and they will make a return appearance.

Here's what I saw on this nice SRT last week:
View attachment 252866
Not bad but the other wheels I thought set the SRT apart from the Hellcat and everything else, enough black wheels already.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I agree 1000%!!!

When I first saw the SRT in Jazz Blue with those wheels I was blown away, I hope that it is just a temporary supplier issue and they will make a return appearance.

Not bad but the other wheels I thought set the SRT apart from the Hellcat and everything else, enough black wheels already.
Now, those are nice wheels. I would pay extra for those. I'm not looking to ordering until next Spring, hopefully by then, they'll have some different choices. Things sometimes change between after initial launch.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My dealer says you get the "77" style 8 spoke, which are shown in old pictures. But now I hear its slingshot wheels like hell cat. Does anyone know for sure.

Also heard track pack package is standard for 2015 srt 392. bigger brakes.?

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
Looks like the 77s are still the standard wheel on the SRT so that is good news and yes the Track Package with Pirelli 275s and Hellcat 6-piston brakes is now standard equipment on SRT.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I guess I'm the minority. I like the hell cat wheels

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I dont care for multi spoke wheels myself in any finish, 5 lugs = 5 spokes but Im old school like that

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
This is the standard wheel on the SXT/ Plus

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just find it amazing that dealer cannot confirm standard wheels on 392 srt. It's not a deal killer but it should not be this difficult.

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
Well now I'm thinking the 77s will not be used on the SRT.

According to this,

the WP3 "77" wheels are optional on Scat Pack only, it says nothing about being standard on 392.

So guess the SRT will use the Hellcat looking wheel only in a lighter finish, here's a couple pics...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

This backs up what is now shown on the SRT website, the WP3 have been airbrushed out and the Hellcat looking wheels painted in their place.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT | driveSRT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts