Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my brand new 2011 Challenger R/T late last week. (6 speed, electronic convenience group, black R/T hood to fender stripes on Toxic Orange paint.)... still under 500 miles for now... takin it easy until at least 500 :)

She's fairly bare bones, but I've never a had car with this kind of power before, and I hope to put some after market stuff on over time. What an awesome car!!! Cruising has NEVER felt so good!

Now, if it would just stop raining here (Portland, OR area), I could keep her clean!

:guiness:

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Ugh - tell me about it...we've had 23 consecutive days of measurable rainfall around here!

By March/April, we've all just about had enough of the rain.

Then again, no droughts to worry about here either.

I used to live in a state where water rationing and no (residential) car washing almost went into effect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, yeah could be much worse... like snow and salt! corrosion nightmares!

Did you get out this past weekend at all? Decent driving weather... took a short trip with the wife through Newburg / McMinville then home on 47. Roads were pretty busy, but I got a few passing opportunities... move your grocery carts over slow pokes!!! hehe

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
lol...It aint any better up here in Washington State!! It can rain all day everyday until I pick mine up...then it can quit raining :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my brand new 2011 Challenger R/T late last week. (6 speed, electronic convenience group, black R/T hood to fender stripes on Toxic Orange paint.)... still under 500 miles for now... takin it easy until at least 500 :)

She's fairly bare bones, but I've never a had car with this kind of power before, and I hope to put some after market stuff on over time. What an awesome car!!! Cruising has NEVER felt so good!

Now, if it would just stop raining here (Portland, OR area), I could keep her clean!

:guiness:

Very nice color. ;)

It's been raining here too.:(

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Did you get out this past weekend at all? Decent driving weather... took a short trip with the wife through Newburg / McMinville then home on 47. Roads were pretty busy, but I got a few passing opportunities... move your grocery carts over slow pokes!!! hehe
I got to wash mine on Sunday (haven't been able to wash and have a dry day of driving in the past month!) and drove back/forth to bowling.
There was so much road grime, that I did a 2nd pass on the sides since the 1st pass loaded up the wash mitt so much I rinsed it out before going back into the bucket of soapy water.

At least I could drive a clean car and enjoy it (even had the sunroof open) - I don't drive to work since I live closeby where I work. So its tucked inside staying clean and dry for a few days.

This weekend will be nice weather, so I'm looking forward to it.

Also, coming up on May 7th is the meet at the Jim Dandy drive-in @ 1pm:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f59/pdx-challenger-gathering-48079/

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Yeaaaaa its raining here, In Alaska thats good for April:)

·
Registered
558 Posts
What a pleasure a powerful car is. Glad you got a taste for it now. My first experience was a 425 cu in 4 bbl 1964 Buick Riviera in the early 80s. When I let friends drive it, every single one said "whoa" when they gave it the gas. My '64 401 cu in was on a heavier car, and never gave me the same rush. Same with a 383 2bbl from the late 60s. Now with my new 2010 R/T, I can punch it moderately, and you feel this bull trying to push through your back. I said to my son, feel that in your back? He said it felt like a roller coaster ride. I don't think I'll have anyone but my very best friend get behind the wheel on this one, but even the passengers get to feel the G Force!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool Hal, I'll check with the warden and see if we've got that day free.

Laid some rubber out finally, wooooo.... fishtail!!

Rumors of incoming snow here in the valley... isn't it too close to summer for that crap?!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Kudos, way to represent,

Many never see rain as they're anointed Garage Queens and only come out when conditions are perfect,
:smoker:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the dance Toxic!
I live in the same town suffer like you with this weather. Keep the afternoon of Saturday May 7th open. There is a Challenger cruise in at Jim Dandy's drive in at 1 PM. Look forward to seeing you on the street and at the cruise in. ~Tom

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Send some of that this way to North Texas! We haven't seen hardly a drop for over a month! I drive mine every day to work just to blow off the dust that collects after I washed it last weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got some sunshine today finally, wow did I miss it! Got to see my paint in full sunlight for the first time too... WOW! hints of yellow show through.

Redline, it looks like that deep water blue might have a similar effect?

one of my co-workers told me my car was dirty already... I corrected him... "it's not dirt, its so damn manly it's growing a beard" :pimp:

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts