Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped in to look at a few '11 R/T Classics i found on the net. turns out, DarCars in Silver Spring Md. has more than 40 Challengers. it was hard to pay attention for sure.

i went specifically to look at and maybe trade for a Redline Classic

actually, they have 2 identcal and there serial numbers are consecutive. here's the other. It's been hit on the right front. what a drag.

I also wanted to see and consider the Toxic Orange car

they have a Mopar 10,

our son picked his right away

lots of '10 laying around. here's a black with black stripes? who thought that up at the factory?

i found the only other Fuchsia i have ever seen other than mine.

there is a 392 in Billet with stripe delete i wish i had a pic of....there are some Blackberry cars as well.
lots of there inventory is scuffed up, and the one i wanted (redline rtc) was covered in roadsalt underneath and starting to corrode. I walked away with my wallet intact.
anyhow, this was a Sunday afternoon with our boy and 40 some Challengers, what could be better?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a little more challenger talk

I went partly to see (maybe buy) a T/O Classic. turns out, it is almost identical to the "Sunburst" orange on my Z24 Cavalier. (i wouldnt want 2 cars the same color)
the Redline is beautiful (to me) it looks close to Torred in the shade or from far away. you have to be 2 feet from it in the sun to actually see the metalflake. (same as my Furious Fuchsia car)
the Blackberry is the same way. I walked past it a few times thinking it was black. if you get real close to it, you can see the purple / blue metalflakes.
i cant see my own pics here at work, but the blackberry /white stripes car is sitting next to the redline that i noted was hit in the right front.
Inaugural Edition? isnt the I/E the one my son chose?
they have almost every color, year and options sitting there.

my personal preference (and i had my checkbook and title with me) was the Redline R/T Classic. it has white stripes, sunroof, auto, super track pack, nav and a $35,340 price tag.
but, when i sat in the '11, i quickly realized i did not like the new steering wheel, instrument cluster and the overall look and layout of the dash. the new wheel doesnt look "musclecar" IMHO, they shoulda left it alone. all the buttons from the media center are one the wheel? I couldnt see how you would get to the extended EVIC? I just like the plainer '10 style better. then i saw all the salt and corrosion underneath, suspension parts rusting, 71 miles on it, rock salt laying the carpet floorboard, scuffs in the body that i'm not sure will buff out...........all of that sealed the deal.
we hopped in our clean FF Classic and left. the place is 50 miles from my home but close to my parents, i'll be back again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, can't believe there are that many Challengers at one dealership. Funny, I dropped into our local dealership over President's Day weekend to kick a few tires and ended up driving home my first Challenger. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Wow! My dealer has 4 2010 Challengers, 1 of which is a SRT. No 2011's yet. I did order a SRT GWE through them though. :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree that is hard to believe. The local dealer here gets a/ one challenger just every now and then, His dealership is not into muscle cars at all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice pictures by the way :) I went to the dealer to check out the left over 2010's, drove the 11 and was hooked!

They say 30-45 days and ill get it:bigthumb: Hopefully less road salt in april :)

I agree, black with black stripe just doesnt look right.

BW

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I noticed they have 1 Billet SRT, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that one? The Dodge site shows Billet in almost 2 ways, so hard to tell what that color really looks like.

Local dealers have a few on their lots, and not many SRTs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics. I noticed they have 1 Billet SRT, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that one? The Dodge site shows Billet in almost 2 ways, so hard to tell what that color really looks like.

Local dealers have a few on their lots, and not many SRTs.
wish i had thought to take a shot of the Billet. it is a stripe delete car. thought it was silver at a glance, but it's darker. and with no stripes to break it up, it is a lot of billet.

·
Registered
629 Posts
wish i had thought to take a shot of the Billet. it is a stripe delete car. thought it was silver at a glance, but it's darker. and with no stripes to break it up, it is a lot of billet.
That's what I was wondering, if a color like Billet needs stripes (I'm not really a fan stripes on my own cars). My last 2 cars have been silver, great for a daily driver, hides dirt and swirl marks, but can be a bit dull on some cars. My Corvette looks good in silver, but smaller car than the Challenger. Wish they would have offered DWB as a regular order SRT. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Here are some stripe-less Billet 392 photos posted by another member. Sorry I don't recall who or which thread, but I'm thinking of ordering a 392 in this color, so I saved them.

I'd love to see more if someone can get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Here are some stripe-less Billet 392 photos posted by another member. Sorry I don't recall who or which thread, but I'm thinking of ordering a 392 in this color, so I saved them.

I'd love to see more if someone can get them.
Thanks, that looks real good. Doesn't look anything like the color on the Dodge site. Doesn't pop like the reds and other colors, but I like it.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Great shots of the Billet. Looks richer than the current silver. Would have had that color if it had leather. Can't wait to put my Torred next to the new Redline3.9

Wow, it must be fun to see a dealer with 40 Challengers. Either they are a volume dealer, or they don't deal and are stuck with them.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Well, it's too late now. Unless of course you'd like to come to my garage and snap some shots.:browsmiley:

Man that car, Ok, this car is awesome. I just fell in love with the Billet paint and IE painted-pocket wheels.

I traded in my Black '09 Challenger SRT8 and bought the car for $100 under invoice. Nice!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Great shots of the Billet. Looks richer than the current silver. Would have had that color if it had leather. Can't wait to put my Torred next to the new Redline3.9

Wow, it must be fun to see a dealer with 40 Challengers. Either they are a volume dealer, or they don't deal and are stuck with them.
They definitely deal. I didn't have to "haggle" anything. I went to look at the IE 392s but couldn't get over the seats. Then I saw the Billet. I said, "I'll take the Billet" and they said, "No problem".

The sales manage said that they are a volume dealer with stores from here to Florida. He also says he orders ALL of the SRT8s and has several GWEs on the way. These folks are very easy to deal with. If you're looking, I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
We bought our TorRed R/T from Darcars in Silver Spring MD - look up their online internet quote site for better price on lot deals... no haggle pricing and that was back in Dec 2008.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I went partly to see (maybe buy) a T/O Classic. turns out, it is almost identical to the "Sunburst" orange on my Z24 Cavalier. (i wouldnt want 2 cars the same color)
the Redline is beautiful (to me) it looks close to Torred in the shade or from far away. you have to be 2 feet from it in the sun to actually see the metalflake. (same as my Furious Fuchsia car)
the Blackberry is the same way. I walked past it a few times thinking it was black. if you get real close to it, you can see the purple / blue metalflakes.
i cant see my own pics here at work, but the blackberry /white stripes car is sitting next to the redline that i noted was hit in the right front.
Inaugural Edition? isnt the I/E the one my son chose?
they have almost every color, year and options sitting there.

my personal preference (and i had my checkbook and title with me) was the Redline R/T Classic. it has white stripes, sunroof, auto, super track pack, nav and a $35,340 price tag.
but, when i sat in the '11, i quickly realized i did not like the new steering wheel, instrument cluster and the overall look and layout of the dash. the new wheel doesnt look "musclecar" IMHO, they shoulda left it alone. all the buttons from the media center are one the wheel? I couldnt see how you would get to the extended EVIC? I just like the plainer '10 style better. then i saw all the salt and corrosion underneath, suspension parts rusting, 71 miles on it, rock salt laying the carpet floorboard, scuffs in the body that i'm not sure will buff out...........all of that sealed the deal.
we hopped in our clean FF Classic and left. the place is 50 miles from my home but close to my parents, i'll be back again.
Hi Walkerheaders,

The dealership here in Lethbridge Alberta has two Furious Fuchsias on the lot, one RT Classic and one SRT8. In total there are 12 at one dealership and 20 at the other. I ordered mine in Black, I always wanted a black muscle car. My dealership sold 27 Challengers in 2009 model year and only 3 in the 2010 model year. Things have really slowed down, even in the high sales dealerhips, may be good news if you are looking to trade in!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
We bought our TorRed R/T from Darcars in Silver Spring MD - look up their online internet quote site for better price on lot deals... no haggle pricing and that was back in Dec 2008.
Yep.. iagree.

I posted a link to this lot on here last week...
$7500 off all the 2010 R/T's and $8000 of the SRT8's.

And use the low prices posted on line as a "Starting point" and do it all with e-mails.
That's what I did when I bought our 300c from them... worked the listed $8k off into $10k.
Then walked in bought it... even nailed down an additional last min $1k by financing with our CU...
but that last $1k was a one time Gov deal back in 09.

None the less I'd give them a try... nothing to loose.

Silver Spring Darcars:
That's the Aurora we traded in up front, with the 300c we bought sitting behind it in the distance.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Holy smokes they got a lot of cars there. Your son has good taste in Challengers, the white/ Blue stripe 392 looks awsome as does the Mopar 10. Actually they all look pretty damn good. Looks like they need a bigger lot and some car wash pro's though.
I love the Mopar 10. If I could afford a 2nd I'd be hard pressed to decide between a GWE or a 10. Thankfully I'm now broke so I don't have to suffer over making such a decision. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts