Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I live in Michigan and will be storing my 2010 SE for about 6 months.

Things I've done:

Cardboard on floor
Fuel Stabilizer in tank
Unhooked battery
Washed
Covered with custom cover

I've been reading that it's important raise the car so you don't get flat spots on your tires.

Can you give me some tips on the safest and most affordable way to raise the vehicle for 6 months?

I heard people use jack stands. Would capacity or brand should the stand be? Hold up to 3 tons each not enough?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Flat spots are not as big of a concern with modern tire construction, I would recomend inflating your tires to 50 psi during storage, that should keep them round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I was most concerned with the tires. I will inflate them.

Reading a few older threads, I see there are some options to maintain the battery.

I also put some poison in the garage for mice.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would rather have 4 flat tires than deal with mice. Just relaced an engine wiring harness on a 12 Hemi Charger AWD because of rodent damage 12 hrs labor @ 120per hr plus harness 1250.00.:icon_eek: UGH!!

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
You will be doing your battery a favor if you hook a Battery Tender to it, especially if it is an unheated garage. All you need is the small 750 mA model. The absolute worst thing for a lead/acid battery is to let it set at low or no charge. Other than that, I don't do anything special while my 09 sets for the winter and this will be the 5th winter for it with no problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm going to pickup a battery tender and install this week. Good to hear you've had no problems that many years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts