Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose I wanted to replicate the Super Track Pack suspension on my NON-STP 2014 R/T - what components would I need to replace?

I understand that the STP gives you the option of turning off ESC completely, which I don't need. Other than that? Mopar Stage 1 springs? New sway bars? Shocks?

I've searched the forum and haven't found a clear answer. Anyone know anything definitive?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
From what I can tell it's springs and shocks. Add some sway bars and strut tower braces and you'll be handling like you're on rails.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Luke! One thing - the Ebay listing at your link for the Stage 1/Bilstein Pursuit kit says it's compatible with 2011-2013 R/T. Will it work on 2014?

Also, can I assume it's a lot less labor to do both the springs and the shocks at the same time, vs doing them separately?

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts
According to this informative thread STP has: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2014-challenger-information-thread-98331/

SUPER TRACK PAK GROUP (R/T, R/T PLUS, R/T CLASSIC)

HIGH-PERFORMANCE-STEERING GEAR
HIGH-PERFORMANCE BRAKE LININGS
HIGH-PERFORMANCE TUNED MONOTUBE-SHOCK ABSORBERS
P245/45R20 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 SUPER CAR THREE-SEASON TIRES
THREE-MODE ESC WITH “FULL OFF”
(available with automatic or manual transmission; must have 20-in. wheel group on R/T)

and from http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/performance/

Super Track Pak

Drive the Challenger how it was meant to be driven with handling that takes you to the edge. The Super Track Pak, available on Challenger R/T, comes with performance-tuned steering, a stiffer suspension, bigger brakes, Goodyear Eagle® Supercar® tires and three-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC)+ that can be completely deactivated for the ultimate track experience.

So, you'd need the electronic steering system, the Full Off capability, stiffer suspension and bigger brakes. It is alsol owered about 2inches. This is the ONE option everyone says you should get from the factory. Sounds like you should trade yours in!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts