Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,i have been reading lots of threads and can't seem to figure this out. I have a 2012 r/t six speed with the novimat rear shocks. Does that mean i do not have the stp option? I can completely shut off the traction control which i read that means i do have it. :icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Ok,i have been reading lots of threads and can't seem to figure this out. I have a 2012 r/t six speed with the novimat rear shocks. Does that mean i do not have the stp option? I can completely shut off the traction control which i read that means i do have it. :icon_confused:
If you have STP then it will be listed on the window sticker. By default, 6-speeds get most of what STP has, which is ESP full-off, limited slip diff, HD brakes. About the only things you might be missing without STP are variable displacement power steering and the Bilstein shocks. So if you have it, great. It not then you're not really missing anything major. It's the folks with automatics that get the shaft if they don't get STP and the limited slip diff.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you can completely disable traction control, you have STP. Did you hold the button in to completely disable it? It doesn't completely disable it by just pushing the button and turning it "off." It only partially disables traction control.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
If you can completely disable traction control, you have STP.
OP has a 6-speed, see my post above. :thumbsup: Basically, 6-speeds can do this without STP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info,i didn't get the window sticker with it as i bought it used but your reply has helped alot. Not sure if you know this but if i lower it with Mopar stage 1 springs what is the best shocks to get to replace the novimats that will be similar to the front ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts