Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I've missed the post but I'm wondering if anyone has gone straight pipe from cat back on an rt and if so how is it. I've got a 6 sp so im not too worried about drone. Just wondering if it sounds better with a muffler. I've already done a res delete looking for more noise.

Terry

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I'm quite sure it will be loud. And it might be annoying driving for any length of time.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I have the solo straight pipe catback with there j pipes and love it. No drone and sounds bad a$$. Mine is a 6.1 auto. Call Steve. It's not on there site. You can also interchange with there Mach x muffler if you want. It's the best of both worlds

·
Registered
968 Posts
I like the sound of the 6.1 and the 6.4 with straight pipe. Perhaps it's because I've been to so many nascar, indy car, and sprint car races combined with years of shooting that my hearing is shot.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How do the neighbors feel? LOL
Can you carry on a conversation inside the car? I want to do it, but am hesitant. It sounds awesome btw.
Its really not bad at all especially when your cruising on the highway. I'm very tempted to try and switch back to the straight pipe myself now that i have a cam installed to see what it sounds like.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have the solo straight pipe catback with there j pipes and love it. No drone and sounds bad a$$. Mine is a 6.1 auto. Call Steve. It's not on there site. You can also interchange with there Mach x muffler if you want. It's the best of both worlds
Hold on a sec.... Solo makes an exhaust that you can swap out the mufflers for straight pipes or vise verse? Huh? How do I get that? Is it in 3 pieces?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just did the exact swap renfrick mentioned on my rt and he is completely right. Most amazing sound with ZERO drone.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
9 Posts
Maybe I've missed the post but I'm wondering if anyone has gone straight pipe from cat back on an rt and if so how is it. I've got a 6 sp so im not too worried about drone. Just wondering if it sounds better with a muffler. I've already done a res delete looking for more noise.

Terry
Not worth it man, gets super obnoxious after a short time, the neighbors will hate you and every police officer will notice you

1 - 20 of 43 Posts