Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a letter in the mail from local official NY Dodge dealer saying “we need to buyback your dodge” we have been tasked with buying 50 used Dodges and your 2010 RT qualifies for the program. Regardless of condition we can pay you 20% above book value. Also offering brand new Dodge of choice at a friends and family discount.

Why are they doing this? Anyone received letters like this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,110 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk. I've not received one, but it must basically be a sales pitch. "Come buy a new car, we'll give you a great deal on your trade in". There is no official buyback, and I suspect the "deal" they propose will change once you are there. If they offer 20% above value regardless of condition, and F&F discount AND Power Dollars...it would be a good time to get into a new Challenger :) Of course, I assume this means your choice will be what 2019s they have on their lot

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm the way they worded it I thought they would buy the car without me having to use the money towards a new car “because of our need for such a quick transaction and the potential inconvenience to you we are willing to offer you a brand new Dodge of your choice at our friends and family discount”. I thought that buying a new one was optional

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmm the way they worded it I thought they would buy the car without me having to use the money towards a new car “because of our need for such a quick transaction and the potential inconvenience to you we are willing to offer you a brand new Dodge of your choice at our friends and family discount”. I thought that buying a new one was optional
It is optional but it's just an old school pitch to 'get you in the door' at all costs most likely to sell a new car. A few years back the local guys started sending junk mail with 'post-it' notes that would fool you if you looked quick enough...you may think it's personalized and hand written but....nope. If you are motivated to sell then you can always give it a shot but don't be unrealistic about the expectations. Good luck!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,923 Posts
It’s just a way to get bodies in their showroom, preferably live ones, but they’ll bring back the dead if they have to.?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,723 Posts
Anything a car dealer tells you is 1) Intended to get you to buy a car (preferably a new car) ASAP; and 2) To get you to pay as much for the car as possible.

The "buy back" letter is just a snail mail way to tell you the above...

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
309 Posts
My wife gets them for her Subaru outback all the time. Apparently there’s a huge market for good used cars over new. Like mentioned above, just a sales pitch.

·
Registered
10,291 Posts
Yep, just marketing and sales in action. Costs the dealers pennies to send out, and if they get a few sales out of it, they're ahead.

Just part of the business. Cars dealers sell cars. That's what they do.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
OP...just wait until you get the winning notification flier by mail, with the "lucky car key" in it, that will unlock one of the selected cars on thier lot, that is then yours for free. lol.

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got these for my Ford Taurus all the time. Never knew they were so in demand! Like hemi4us said, the best are the ones that come with a possible "winning key." At least my kids like to play with the key

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,319 Posts
I get letters and phone calls (never got a key though)...in fact, I just got a call from the dealership that I bought the challenger from this morning telling me that they wanted to by my challenger back. OK.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
oh, man! the keys! I haven't had a key in the mail in a long time. Tell me they don't still send the keys? Gotta figure a way to put a fake key fob in that flyer, lol...

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
..last "winning key" we received was maybe a yr ago.
It wasnt even a real key, made from some cheap pot metal like crap that i could bend without effort and had no tumbler cuts..guess even the makers of those things, are cutting corners now days..lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
The wife and I did one of those “winner” fliers a few years ago. Went to the dealership, won $5, tried their pitch, walked out 5 min later a tad richer and went and got lunch. Gave them an old IP phone number, so never had to worry about follow ups.

Every month from my stealership, they keep trying with upgrade incentives to get into a new car. I’m good for now till next year when I buy a new SUV and definitely not trading the Challenger in.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I get these all the time...lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts