Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put a ot 2500 miles on my scat and I've noticed a noise behind the driver side. It's like a humming almost, I'm not sure how to describe it. Anyone else noticed a similar noise?

Also I've been looking all over at some interior trims on Amazon and I really want to put a little green inside the car. Anyone have any luck on finding green anything, I can find a few things but most all comes in like red, blue, yellow. I'd paint them myself but for the cost of some of those trim pieces I'd rather have it come 100% ready to install.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Sublime19 may be able to help

His look Sublime

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang he has exactly what I'm thinking of doing. Carbon fiber or black with a little touch of green.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I've had a buzzing noise behind the left of the driver. I tracked it down to a small piece of plastic trim right where the shoulder belt enters the quarter panel trim. It just snaps in and vibrates.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I've had a buzzing noise behind the left of the driver. I tracked it down to a small piece of plastic trim right where the shoulder belt enters the quarter panel trim. It just snaps in and vibrates.
Mine too. A piece of small foam rubber and it went away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds like what I'm hearing. I'm going to look into that this weekend thank you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
You said humming, are you saying a rotational sound that increases or decreases with speed, if that is the sound and you have a limited slip 3.09 rear differential then it is the pinion bearing making this noise. They all do it and they also make a down shift clunk but mostly cold. The differential is a replaceable unit and the dealer will not replace it under warranty for this issue unless it is extreme.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You said humming, are you saying a rotational sound that increases or decreases with speed, if that is the sound and you have a limited slip 3.09 rear differential then it is the pinion bearing making this noise. They all do it and they also make a down shift clunk but mostly cold. The differential is a replaceable unit and the dealer will not replace it under warranty for this issue unless it is extreme.
More like a buzzing like what mbj said. It's definetly not coming from anywhere under the car or hood, it's somewhere in the cabin or behind the driver side rear seats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts