Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ordered the 08-14 challenger rear diffuser from Street Aero? Rear Diffuser

I have a 2014 RT and I ordered it. Cant really see a way that it can be installed with the hardware they provided. Just a bunch of bolts and screws. No instructions specific to the vehicle, Just says to go at it and start screwing and bolting things wherever. Cant be mounted on just the bumper, the lip of it is a hair wide at the bottom. In the ZL1 Adonis Kit, They provide hardware to extend the stock bolts already on the bottom of the car and mount it that way. I liked the way this kit looked better and I thought it would install similarly but nope. Now Im stuck with a 300 dollar paperweight.

Any Ideas? similar experiences?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Send it back, sounds like it doesn't fit:

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Logo

Have you called them about the lack of instructions?

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Send it back, sounds like it doesn't fit:

View attachment 1051647

Have you called them about the lack of instructions?
I emailed them a lengthy message including all of the information, but unfortunately for me or any one else who buys it, the return policy is voided once you open the packaging, which of course one might do in order to try to install it. They messaged me back claiming that they were working on getting more exact fitment on all of their products. lame excuse. especially when your product claims guaranteed fitment off the jump but you just throw a bunch of bolts and screws in a bag with a diffuser and call it a kit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I emailed them a lengthy message including all of the information, but unfortunately for me or any one else who buys it, the return policy is voided once you open the packaging, which of course one might do in order to try to install it. They messaged me back claiming that they were working on getting more exact fitment on all of their products. lame excuse. especially when your product claims guaranteed fitment off the jump but you just throw a bunch of bolts and screws in a bag with a diffuser and call it a kit.
Tell them they can take it back and refund you in full or you'll file a credit card charge back, bet that'll get their stupid return policy handled.

Reactions: Ashoka

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell them they can take it back and refund you in full or you'll file a credit card charge back, bet that'll get their stupid return policy handled.
They asked me to send them pics and more information which I begrudgingly did. Told them how I would design their product (like the ZLI adonis). So I guess we will see what they say to that. Just thought I would see if anyone else had bought the same product and figured out a way to make it work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
They asked me to send them pics and more information which I begrudgingly did. Told them how I would design their product (like the ZLI adonis). So I guess we will see what they say to that. Just thought I would see if anyone else had bought the same product and figured out a way to make it work.
I feel you, I'm sure you'd rather just have what you e got work anyway and not have to mess with returning it. Just infuriates me when places think they can get away with sketchy stuff like "you open it and you can't return it" policies.

Reactions: WB14RT

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel you, I'm sure you'd rather just have what you e got work anyway and not have to mess with returning it. Just infuriates me when places think they can get away with sketchy stuff like "you open it and you can't return it" policies.
If it were a 60 dollar ebay kit I would honestly just stuff it in a corner and call it scrap metal but Its hard to throw 300 dollars away.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,546 Posts
I just went and checked. Brand new item from ZL1: Challenger 11 - 14 diffuser. They didn't make a diffuser for the 2014 the last time I checked.

This product is functional and will diffuse the air properly from the differential to the rear of the vehicle unlike other brands. Our product is designed to bolt up to the factory valance as an addon. Comes with all mounting hardware and does not require any drilling into your vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just went and checked. Brand new item from ZL1: Challenger 11 - 14 diffuser. They didn't make a diffuser for the 2014 the last time I checked.

This product is functional and will diffuse the air properly from the differential to the rear of the vehicle unlike other brands. Our product is designed to bolt up to the factory valance as an addon. Comes with all mounting hardware and does not require any drilling into your vehicle.
Yes this is the one that I watched a Youtube Install on. And the one that I quoted to the street aero people. This is the one I should have bought.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,546 Posts
Yes this is the one that I watched a Youtube Install on. And the one that I quoted to the street aero people. This is the one I should have bought.
I didn't think they would ever make one for my ride, but this is the one I have been waiting on for several years...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts