Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'd like to add headers but I live in a state that decided to adopt California emissions. What are my street legal options? I have a Solo catback and Mopar CAI on order. I hope I can do a lil more than that and still pass emissions when the time comes.
The 6.1 already has shorty headers if you go with long tube headers and high flow cats you will probably not make WA emissions. You might consider getting a predator so you can have more control over your engine performance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 6.1 already has shorty headers if you go with long tube headers and high flow cats you will probably not make WA emissions. You might consider getting a predator so you can have more control over your engine performance.
Dang, I'm a newb cus I didnt even notice there were shorties already there. I'm looking at getting a Predator pretty soon. Gotta make sure I make the wife feel at least as special as the car. Mopar CAI is in and has a C.A.R.B. certification.

·
Banned
928 Posts
do not waste your $$ on shorties for the 6.1..There are several mag reviews on this where it was determined they yeilded no power gains over the stock ones on the car!..Long tubes, YES,, shorties...NO!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts