Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, for reference I have a 2019 Scatpack with the A8 transmission.

Quite a bit of a frustrating topic as of spent hours and hours trying to look up the unspoken street mode. I've gone through the Owners manual and the SRT performance pages manual both of which have very little explanation of Auto street mode and Custom street mode. However, we have tons and tons of threads about track and sport mode (Not unexpected).

So here is my question. When we start up our cars we ALWAYS start in default (No tazer mod in this discussion) mode. Default mode is set to STREET transmission (although some may have eco ticked on but I'm not asking about eco mode).

I have been driving around 1 week in Auto STREET - 1 week in custom STREET mode, and their is without a doubt a difference between the two settings. What I would like to know is what is custom street mode doing? When I have the car set too Custom (I will refer to custom being street mode now) the car does 2 things: 4cyl mode kicks on less, and the car keeps itself in the lowest RPM possible unless you step on it. Lower than being in Auto mode. I do know 4cyl kicks on at around 1,200RPM - 1,800RPM but even within it's RPM range in Custom it almost never turns on UNLESS decelerating. Whereas in Auto it tries to kick on every chance it gets.

So what exactly is Custom mode doing different from Auto? Why is it smoother, and why does 4cyl mode kick on less?

I would go as far as too say Custom Street mode is smoother and more efficient than having the car in eco mode.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,115 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I don't have drive modes so can't speak for specifics, but if you don't have the Drive Mode Supplement manual, here you go

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
What AGuy said, you should have received additional manuals with your ScatPack explaining the drive modes and other performance options. In my case for some unknown reason the drive mode supplement manual was in the truck under the truck floor really weird. I didn't find it till 2 days after I bought her.
You can also get all your manuals plus the drive mode supplement and SRT performance pages manuals from your Mopar dashboard or your Dodge DRIVE app.

To answer your question, CUSTOM mode is user configurable, the standard non configurable modes are ECO, AUTO, SPORT, TRACK if you have a A8 if you have a M6 then you wont have ECO mode. Check the manual it will help you learn the different modes and how to configure CUSTOM to your needs.

Welcome to the forum :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts