Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
The people who think a 392 is a better choice than the Hellcat because they can get a better 0-60 mph time with the Scat Pack 485 hp, due to traction issues, NEWSFLASH: YOU CAN SET A HELLCAT TO 500 HP MODE AT ANYTIME if you cannot handle the full 707+ hp. Either that or you can learn how to drive. lol

I could hit 0-60 in 3.5 - 3.7 seconds consistantly in my Challenger Hellcat, running 305 NT555R's on the street, and I am far from being the best driver (never been to a track).

·
Registered
776 Posts
The people who think a 392 is a better choice than the Hellcat because they can get a better 0-60 mph time with the Scat Pack 485 hp, due to traction issues, NEWSFLASH: YOU CAN SET A HELLCAT TO 500 HP MODE AT ANYTIME if you cannot handle the full 707+ hp. Either that or you can learn how to drive. lol

I could hit 0-60 in 3.5 - 3.7 seconds consistantly in my Challenger Hellcat, running 305 NT555R's on the street, and I am far from being the best driver (never been to a track).

The video is about a 1000 hp Hellcat. That extra 300 hp makes traction more of a problem.

I have no doubt that a stock Hellcat is a better street racer than a Scat Pack.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found this interesting video where a driver compared the streetable power of the Hellcat and Scat Pack.

He tested them with stock and MT tires doing 0-60 mph runs. As expected the times greatly improved using the MT tires, however, only half throttle could be used on the Hellcat.

The verdict? The Scat Pack is the better choice for the street.

5.3.............my grann mama can do better than that on her hoverround! Mt street tire 0 to 60 is 4.6 or better every time....with mt streets its 4.0 at full inflation....if I wave the magic wand I have gotten 3.3.

MY OLD 5.7 CHALLENGER USED TO GET 4.6 ZERO TO 60 ON THE STREET

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found this interesting video where a driver compared the streetable power of the Hellcat and Scat Pack.

He tested them with stock and MT tires doing 0-60 mph runs. As expected the times greatly improved using the MT tires, however, only half throttle could be used on the Hellcat.

The verdict? The Scat Pack is the better choice for the street.

He mentions 2.1 / 0 to 60 at the track......dam...he doesnt know that 2.1 sseconds is the 60 foot time? Im sorry....I'm think this racer x guy sits when he pee's.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts