Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Sorry bout dat David, check the thread Hurst shifter fix here, sweet mod WOULD have prevented that but same happened to 70s Hurst. Neil( Internetguy), HemiSam and I all have this mod and it's sweet. At hopnot site now. Can't tell you HOW MANY times the small vise grips I allways carry in Harley toolpack have been used as shifters but plenty! Mark

5,134 Posts
That sucks. I'll be bringing my stocker with me to CF2 just in case.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry bout dat David, check the thread Hurst shifter fix here, sweet mod WOULD have prevented that but same happened to 70s Hurst. Neil( Internetguy), HemiSam and I all have this mod and it's sweet. At hopnot site now. Can't tell you HOW MANY times the small vise grips I allways carry in Harley toolpack have been used as shifters but plenty! Mark
I have been seriously considering it for months now... LOL. I clearly waited too long.

That sucks. I'll be bringing my stocker with me to CF2 just in case.
Good idea. The stock parts are going back in this morning.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...Good idea. The stock parts are going back in this morning.
Wow, that's kind of crazy isn't it? I mean not replacing the stock parts, obviously you need to shift, but that Hurst, THE name in shifting and people are having to replace a $$$ aftermarket with the factory equipment?

Hurst was on my list of mods but now... not so much.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
im glad i installed my shifter mod now! well, i was glad i installed it when i installed it cause it feels great right from the start but still, you know what i mean

·
Banned
928 Posts
call them and get it exchanged!. revisions have been done on them and that infrequent issue that you experienced is no more!

·
Registered
86 Posts
maybe your shifter is harder to get into gear than mine!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts