Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2014 RT Classic in Granite Metallic. I have never been crazy about the side stripes (matte black) and would like to go with the hood to fender RT stripes instead (the ones on the 2014 RT Plus). I don't feel I'll run into an issue with the paint because it has always been garaged and only has 13,000 miles. The issue that concerns me is if the hood to fender RT will fit with the classic Challenger badging on the fenders...thoughts or previous experience? I am looking to stick with matte black on the stripes.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the Challenger script badging. Out of curiosity is the badge adhered to the car or is it set in likely leaving a hole if removed or moved? I found a picture of what I am looking to do and attached it, of course my car is much darker so it will be more subtle. Think I would be better just leaving it stripe free? I have been thinking of removing the current stripes since I purchased just didn't want to change the stock look. Thanks for the opinions and input!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,362 Posts
I really like the Challenger script badging. Out of curiosity is the badge adhered to the car or is it set in likely leaving a hole if removed or moved? I found a picture of what I am looking to do and attached it, of course my car is much darker so it will be more subtle. Think I would be better just leaving it stripe free? I have been thinking of removing the current stripes since I purchased just didn't want to change the stock look. Thanks for the opinions and input!
The badging on modern cars are adhesive double-side tape. Not pinned like the older cars were.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I vote for stripe free... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Go for it. A decent auto tint place should be able to remove and install new stripes for you no problem. That is what I did on my Shaker. It can with the hockey stripes and I ditched them for some classic looking tail stripes. I also had the "Hemifever" badges removed too. I love the look of my Shaker now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
tail stripe

Bigred61 where did you get your tail stripe? Is your spoiler stock or an aftermarket one? I want both. Looks nice on your car. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,056 Posts
My first Challenger didn't have any stripes or scripts anywhere on it, and I got to wondering what it would look like with some of the Warpaint stripes like what you are wanting (or were wanting originally). I was hesitant just to buy some and put them on though because i was worried about how the car's paint (Toxic Orange) would look with black stripes. Anyway, I ended up buying some Plasti-Dip in the aerosol can variety and just spraying some stripes on myself to test out the look before committing to buying some and having them installed.

That was a great way to see them on my car in real life instead of imagining with photo shopped pics, and when i decided they weren't for me, it only took some careful pealing to completely remove them - no harm, no foul!

So you might consider that (plastidipping some on temporarily) if you find it hard to make up your mind on which stripes or what color they should be, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts