Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of cleaner are we spose to use for our R/T Classic stripes? I called 3-m and all I got was customer service opinion. I have a bottle of mothers back to black cleaner and a bottle of the protectant.
I just wanna know what the rest of us are using.
I ordered it Feb 14 of 09 and 9 months later I took Hellboy home.

·
Registered
2017 SXT + Blacktop Edition
26 Posts
I know!! I'm with you on this one. I have the blacktop edition and it has a ton of stripes and I hate the water spots. I bought some good cleaner at O'Rileys that was supposed to work and it really didn't, spots where still on there. I wonder too what is the best thing for stripes. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
436 Posts
I highly recommend Dr. Beasley's. A couple of my pics are on here as well.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
It's easy if you have gloss stripes. Any wax or sealant will work.

You guys with matte stripes have it harder. I've heard good things about Dr. Beasley's, but I have no experience using it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ya mine are matte and they are a pain in the butt!! I have been told to "NOT" put wax on them so I haven't but I can't find anything that takes the water spots off of them. I will look into this Beasley stuff... Thank you

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
After a normal washing, I use "303" Quick Detail Spray. UV protection, and no issues with water spotting. Great stuff IMO.

Now when I put on a coat of "wax" (I still am using Liquid Glass) I use painters tape to cover the stripes.

A little extra time, but that's just part of a good detail job.

I've never used anything on either of my Challenger's stripes except detail spray, and they look great and have lasted.

13698.jpg
13722.jpg
41577.jpg
67653.jpg

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,172 Posts
I like the B5 but damn yeller was a sexy beast!! I was actually looking at both of those colors when I came across my pcp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
After a normal washing, I use "303" Quick Detail Spray. UV protection, and no issues with water spotting. Great stuff IMO.

Now when I put on a coat of "wax" (I still am using Liquid Glass) I use painters tape to cover the stripes.

A little extra time, but that's just part of a good detail job.

I've never used anything on either of my Challenger's stripes except detail spray, and they look great and have lasted.

View attachment 993580 View attachment 993581 View attachment 993582 View attachment 993583

♥♥ Looks awesome... I will have to try it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What kind of cleaner are we spose to use for our R/T Classic stripes? I called 3-m and all I got was customer service opinion. I have a bottle of mothers back to black cleaner and a bottle of the protectant.
I just wanna know what the rest of us are using.
I ordered it Feb 14 of 09 and 9 months later I took Hellboy home.

I'm going to try that Dr. Beasley stuff that was in the comments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts