Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum. I am very excited to have just brought a 2014 red R/T classic. I would like to further stripe the car, and would really appreciate the challenger communities' ideas on patterns.
I really like the rally stripes (hood, roof, rear) and I have a kit for that, but I also like the side stripes alot that came with it. I am thinking of putting the rally stripes on with the hood stripes, but am concerned that might
just be way too many stripes on a car? Like an idea that feels good in the mind but then is crazy when you actually see it in practice. Has anyone seen that design before and if so do you have pictures? I also thought of getting the side stripes taken off, putting on the rally stripes, and complimenting it with a rocker panel lower stripe. Anyway, here is a picture of my car, fresh off the factory lot. Opinions are very welcome. THanks!

Attachments

·
Banned
349 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

First and foremost, it's your car! If you are looking for opinions, they will range all over the place, be prepared. Personally, I think the ones that run along the bottom look like a 6cyl car for some reason, not sure why that is.

How come you are not happy with the ones on the car?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've seen them with both sets and it's looks like too much.
I have a Classic but removed the side stripes after my son gouged them with his handlebars.
So afterward I decided to go the SRT look route. Now I'm considering also doing the rally stripes

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice car. Congratulations.

I think I would either keep what you have without adding stripes, or remove the existing stripes and go with something else that you like. Adding to what you have would be too much, I think.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I forget who sells them, but someone makes an R/T continuation stripe. Dual stripes that continue past the "R/T" and across the rear quarter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. Its awesome to find other challenger enthusiasts to chat about this with. @ Hemi, there's nothing wrong with the stripes already on there, I love the way they look, I've just always loved the rally stripe look a little bit better. Looking a little too over the top is a little bit of a concern for me as I'm a history teacher at a private school in Atlanta by day, so I have to be a little mindful of the car's appearance in the parking lot. thanks for all the responses!

·
Super Moderator
16,831 Posts
I wouldn't add the dual rallye stripes with the dual upper stripes - that would be very busy.

The examples of Rider's rear extensions (strobe or solid) would look good. The extension tips (for facia) also help to make a more finished look, where the OEM ones stop on the fender @ the facia joint.

BTW, the '71s had the large "R/T" on the hood along with the dual stripes. I like the red /white combo you have - not that common (black is the default color), but the lower rocker stripe is more associated with Fords...

·
Registered
10,487 Posts
Just me, but I prefer black R/T stripes, or strobes on any color Challenger.

I do not like the hood stipe(SRT) or the whole car, over the hood top, and trunk striping.

Combining stripes, just looks too busy to me.

My favorite are what you have, but in black.

Love that color red that you have. Really sharp.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Welcome from Cols Ohio... and a '13 TorRed RT Classic owner...

I wouldn't do the hood and the side at the same time.... nor would I do the side stripe and the rocker one.... I think both configurations are too busy.. but just me...

You will get a wide range of answers.......

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I would just add these front extensions in white and call it a day. Your car is gorgeous as it sits.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would just add these front extensions in white and call it a day. Your car is gorgeous as it sits.

Agreed. Car is beautiful. Buy some cleaning supplies instead of vinyl if you don't have any already and keep her clean and gorgeous! Usually don't like white vinyl but it definitely works with her color of red.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I would extend them and have them outlined or pinstriped with black to match your wheels and black trim. Gives the whole car a red,white,black,chrome look.

You have an RT classic, rallye stripes are classically mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, Nova kinda thing. Not really Mopar.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

First and foremost, it's your car! If you are looking for opinions, they will range all over the place, be prepared. Personally, I think the ones that run along the bottom look like a 6cyl car for some reason, not sure why that is.

How come you are not happy with the ones on the car?
I agree. I know 6cyl Mustangs have 'em.
I love white R/T classic stripes so for me, I'd leave it as is! Great looking car! Perhaps you could add hood stripes like HemiOrangeRT has on his car but other than that, I wouldn't change what Ma MOPAR intended.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/traded-my-2010-srt-8-2013-r-t-classic-97228/index3.html

Scroll to bottom of page. My car has larger side stripes and lettering. They also extend all the way into the front bumper. Personally, I'd add a R/T stripe logo to my hood just like a 1971 had. It will be nice touch without being as busy as full hood/roof/trunk stripes.
Another cool hood look IMO. I also like the hood stripe that's the exact reverse of this with the panted R/T showing through the stripe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts