Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what a fair price would be for having SRT stripes installed? I've had a couple places quote me $600 installed ($200 3M stripes, $400 installation) and another place $590 total. Seems kinda high for installing 2 stripes down the center of the car?? I know the stripe kit from Big Worm Graphix is $320, and the one from Rider Graphix is $390.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
$5 - the cost of the squeege thing. Did it myself.

No prior experience, just figured it couldn't be that hard, and the worst that could happen would be I'd buy a second stripe kit and install it perfect the second time since I'd learn from my mistakes the first time.

As it happened it went on fine the first time. Couple of minor mistakes, not enough to care about.

Took me just over a day, taking my time and being fussy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
$5 - the cost of the squeege thing. Did it myself.

No prior experience, just figured it couldn't be that hard, and the worst that could happen would be I'd buy a second stripe kit and install it perfect the second time since I'd learn from my mistakes the first time.

As it happened it went on fine the first time. Couple of minor mistakes, not enough to care about.

Took me just over a day, taking my time and being fussy.

Can u show a pic of ur stripe?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Looks good!! I want to do it myself as well but i want to do a single stripe down the driver side.
If you take your time, measure where you want the stripe, take care to position the blue painters tape stuff so when it comes time to actually apply the stripe, it goes in the right place, then it is pretty straightforward. I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos and went for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you take your time, measure where you want the stripe, take care to position the blue painters tape stuff so when it comes time to actually apply the stripe, it goes in the right place, then it is pretty straightforward. I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos and went for it.

Taking ur advice! As soon as i order the stripe from ebay. Its around $50...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I cut vinyl for a living. Search how to do a wet vinyl installation. It will really make things easier on you.
That is exactly what I did.

Just remember water runs downhill, so when you are trying hard not to get the backing paper wet (because that is bad), then pay attention which side of the stripe you are getting wet. Not the up slope side if you are smart. :laugh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another question that I came across somewhere....Do the stripes taper down toward the nose? So if they are 8" wide at the top of the hood, are they lets say 7.5" at the nose?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I paid 70.00 to have my hood stripes and full length side strobe stripes put on. I bought the stripes for 120.00 from ebay.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
jesus! did they at least kiss you first!? lol
I paid 50 bucks for a good size piece of vinyl from the sign shop, cut them out, and installed them myself. Had enough left over to make a back window decal too :)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts