Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering a black 2011 SRT8. - There option colors include silver and black (grey?) -- I haven't seen any pictures of what these will look like...

The Challenger 2011 PDF or website doesn't seem to have pictures either.

Any thoughts on what black on black (or silver on black) strips would look like?

Ray

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yes the choices are silver, gray. standard is black. Previous threads on the Black on Black are like anything else some people like them some dont..they are pretty subdued. On the other hand I think Silver would look great!

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think that Silver on black might look like a reverse of this http://www.carzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008_silver_dodge_challenger_6-568-426.jpg
I personally ordered a Black car with a Gray stripe, I kinda wanted a stripe but didn't want it to be the only thing noticed on a car. I think it should look subtle enough.
I called Ground Effects (the Challenger stripe vendor) and they said that they had only had a few silver and no gray. I was given this site: Ground Effects Limited - Custom upfits to GMC, Chevy, Hummer, Dodge and Ford trucks
by the plant manager there because these were the decals that they do, just on trucks. I'm not sure if this: Vehicles & Packages - Ground Effects Limited is really silver or white.
Hopefully we'll see some owner pics coming in soon.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Silver on black!:browsmiley:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Silver on black!:browsmiley:
Sharp! Are those factory stripes?

Assume they are... look like the color of the hood-to-fender stripes on my R/T.

Now, wonder that the gray looks like?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Sharp! Are those factory stripes?

Assume they are... look like the color of the hood-to-fender stripes on my R/T.

Now, wonder that the gray looks like?
Al Davis' Challenger will be in this color scheme!
I thought y'all might like that. Yes that was a factory package, those vinyl stripes were cleared over I assumed since the Indy's were done that way. The black SS/T's were always the coolest of the SS/T's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pictures ND. Looking forward to some pictures when some of these are built. - Black/Grey sounds interesting too - but I think I'll stick with black for now. - Nice thing is I guess I can change my mind even after I get the car.

Ray

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Does anybody know how the stripes will look/work on the Green With Envy cars?

Will these be full nose to tail stripes like the IE's?? Or will they be "hood stripes" only?

JFF

·
Registered
653 Posts
Does anybody know how the stripes will look/work on the Green With Envy cars?

Will these be full nose to tail stripes like the IE's?? Or will they be "hood stripes" only?

JFF
All cars with a stripe get a full body stripe, GWE cars get a black stripe. No more hood stripes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts