Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a stripes and decal kind of guy along with performance.

I've had a few Pontiac Trans Ams included in the about 70 cars I've owned and always liked the "Screaming Chicken" on the hood and the other pinstripes and decals many came with.

I think the Challenger is the most modern car with all kinds of stripes and aftermarket decals/stripes for sale.
Although I can appreciate the "clean" look without them too, I just prefer some accents.

So what say you?
Stripes or no stripes??

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I think due to our yacht-like size that allows the creatives of ours to ooze out.

We have many designs in the billboards, side stripes, custom stripes, logos, racing stripes, bumblebees stripe, hood stripes, callouts, ghosts, and many more.

It's always exciting to see an unique design that's out of box. Not to mention some of us are pretty bold with them in different colors.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I love the old style R/T stripes like I put on my car. I would even like them with the old style R/T stripe that goes up the hood and over the bower bulge, if that stripe went to the nose of the car like the old ones. I don't like it when they have stripes down the side and over the whole length of the car, too busy, or down the side and around the A$$ end of the car. Pick a direction and stick with it.

And to me Superbee stripes only belong on Coronet Superbees... Hockey Sticks and Billboards go on Plymouth E-Bodies. But from the looks of things, that is just me.... :D To each his own.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
I'm a stripe guy. These cars need something to break it up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Stripes, for sure.

I put these on my wife's SXT - got them from Big Worm Graphics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Thanks Paul, I thought I was alone here :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've always been a truck guy in the past and the first thing that happens is emblems and graphics come off. However one of the things that I've always liked about vintage Mopar are the graphics. From the Bee, to the AAR, to the Road Runner, there is that coolness factor with them. On today's graphics the only vinyl that I'm not crazy about are the modern stripes on the shakers as I think it is too busy and distracts from the shaker.

·
Super Moderator
15,388 Posts
Mine can speak for itself. Did a modification to the hood stripe as a nod to the '70-'72 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am for its shaker / hood graphics and the Mopar heritage '71 R/T stripes

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,866 Posts
Contrasting stripes work with this car, especially those with the high impact colors, like Hemi-orange, Tor-red and Detonator Yellow.

I fell in love with the 2006 Challenger concept car and liked it that Dodge offered a "carbon fiber" hood decal, based on the 1970 design.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts