Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some cars look great with stripes, some not so much. Others look like they were meant to have them. Personally, I think the Challenger is one of those cars. I think the Challenger looks good with more stripe combinations than any other car too.

On top of that, bare Challengers look a little weird to me. As if they are missing something. I like a lot of the stripes along the top of the car, but I also think that stripes along the side are a must. Accentuating the perfect body lines of this car makes them pop even more. However, I don't expect everyone's tastes to mirror my own. That being said, do you prefer stripes or the naked look? If so, why and what kind of stripes do you like the best?

I like stripes that accent more than overshadow the car completely, but I've seen a lot of really cool ideas on here that I never would've thought of! Feel free to post pictures of your custom stripes!

I had the side stripe added to mine, and I think it makes a huge difference! Here's the before picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And since I'm having issues attaching multiple pics from my phone, here's immediately after the stripe was added back in July.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And it's current state as of last week. I blacked out the side lights, the keyhole, and red Plasti-Dip'd the wheel centers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
You put the stripe right where I think they should go. Looks good! Here's my silver leaf stripe:

·
Banned
946 Posts
My car came bare when I bought it. I knew once I decided which direction I was going to go with the car I'd put stripes on it. Well here's the direction I went...

·
Banned
946 Posts
My car came bare when I bought it. I knew once I decided which direction I was going to go with the car I'd put stripes on it. It took me a few tries before I found the ones I love. Well here's the direction I went...

NEW

HASH STRIPES

Hood T stripe

T/A STRIPES (Winner!!!)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My preference for the Challenger is to have side stripes. I like the high body line stripes, mid body line stripes, and the stripes that travel in between on the sides. I think Black, White, and Granite can stand alone without stripes but again my perference would be for them to have a stripe to accent the body line.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Some very nice striping! The silver leaf is really unique and a cool idea. Gotta love the T/A stripe. The evolution of your car shows just how different striping can make these look. I love to see people's creative ideas.

1,931 Posts
I like both pictures of your car....all black and with the red stripe....just depends on what you want....my suggestion is to return the center caps to black and buy some black lug nuts...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like both pictures of your car....all black and with the red stripe....just depends on what you want....my suggestion is to return the center caps to black and buy some black lug nuts...
I considered doing that initially, but decided against it for now. The nice thing is I can do that whenever I want since it's Plasti Dip. It seems like a complete blackout is more common, and I think getting the perfect amount of accent red is kind of tricky. I'm sure I'll keep playing around with it. :)

1,931 Posts
I considered doing that initially, but decided against it for now. The nice thing is I can do that whenever I want since it's Plasti Dip. It seems like a complete blackout is more common, and I think getting the perfect amount of accent red is kind of tricky. I'm sure I'll keep playing around with it. :)
Consider painting the lip on your rims red instead of the center cap....and maybe lowering springs or coil overs..:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts