Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone photo shop some yellow or orange pinstripes outside of the stripes on this picture? Thinking about this for my car but would like to see what it looks like. Not sure how to do that with a iPad. Thanks
426F4040-A21E-44AB-8C4F-F65E98A07269.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Are you talking about adding new stripes that run parallel to the outside edges of the black stripes or making those small parallel ones that are already there into the different color pin stripes?

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Yes the small parallel to the big stripes.
i can give it a shot later tonight and see what I can do. Check back tomorrow for something...but don’t get your hopes up, I’m not a pro at this sort of thing, more of a burgeoning amateur.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
The picture is too low resolution to really be able to recolor the existing pin stripes in any detail. Once I zoom in close enough, the pixels are too large and not well defined enough. Here's one with the orange pin stripe as much as I could do. If you can post up a pic with more resolution, I might could do a little better.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,144 Posts
The picture is too low resolution to really be able to recolor the existing pin stripes in any detail. Once I zoom in close enough, the pixels are too large and not well defined enough. Here's one with the orange pin stripe as much as I could do. If you can post up a pic with more resolution, I might could do a little better.

View attachment 985904
I was thinking the same thing, not a bad job though!

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Not bad at all, Nuke. And it makes the car look better, too!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Not bad at all, Nuke. And it makes the car look better, too!
Yeah, my opinion might be biased, but I really do like the uniqueness of that orange as a pinstripe next to that blue main stripe, when laid across that particular paint scheme...perhaps some Plasti-Dip is in your future? 🤔

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Nice job on that original photo Nuke, that's a hard angle to add a stripe to. I like the car as is, but that's just my opinion and its not my car.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Alright, I started on the newer picture, and it is definitely much easier to photoshop with its higher resolution. However, I actually am leaving town again in a bit, so I have to suspend my work and pick it back up later.

I'll attach what I've got so far, just part of the orange version, but later this afternoon I will have some dead time and can pick this back up to finish and also do a yellow version as well.

FYI: I am just using the standard free version of Gimp to do this. So if anyone is feeling adventurous and is too impatient to wait on me, you can get Gimp for free for Windows or Linux OS and likely MacOS I bet as well. Just install it, open the pic and zoom in to the pixel level. Then go to town! (figuratively, not literally)

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My vote is orange, as long as it's a subtle shde like the one in the photo and not a bright orange. It certainly makes the car look different in an awesome way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
My vote is orange, as long as it's a subtle shde like the one in the photo and not a bright orange. It certainly makes the car look different in an awesome way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I like the orange the most as well. It's different and has just enough contrast to the other colors to work.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Yep, orange, maybe even a redder orange, or a darker red.
Here is a darker red and redder orange, but I'm starting to see the adverse affects of the background color making the shade of the stripe into an optical illusion. It might look like the stripes are not all the same shade from top to bottom, especially on the front fascia, but I assure you it is a uniform color shade. The problem is that the body paint and contrast/shadows over which the stripes lay are changing their shade and making it look like the pin stripe is also change its shade. The reddish orange pic (last one) is really falling victim to this...

If I were truly good at this, I could modify the pin stripe color to get darker or lighter as the surrounding paint does the opposite so that the color stripe appears all the same shade...I'm not a pro though, so this is as good as it gets for now.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,144 Posts
Here is a darker red and redder orange, but I'm starting to see the adverse affects of the background color making the shade of the stripe into an optical illusion. It might look like the stripes are not all the same shade from top to bottom, especially on the front fascia, but I assure you it is a uniform color shade. The problem is that the body paint and contrast/shadows over which the stripes lay are changing their shade and making it look like the pin stripe is also change its shade. The reddish orange pic (last one) is really falling victim to this...

If I were truly good at this, I could modify the pin stripe color to get darker or lighter as the surrounding paint does the opposite so that the color stripe appears all the same shade...I'm not a pro though, so this is as good as it gets for now.

View attachment 986231
Not my car so I got no skin in this game, but I like that dark red.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts