Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry for the long incoming post.

I currently traded in my ‘12 SRT Challenger for a ‘17 RT Shaker plus STP Challenger.

I’ve done the following mods:
Mishimoto MMRADSRT09 radiator
BBK 85mm TB
Stock ported and polished heads
JBA ti-ceramic shorties (will change to LTs soon)
Solo performance high flow catted mids (from my SRT)
Solo performance cat back (from my SRT)

Speedlogix front and rear 4 point strut and brace
KONI STR.T shocks
Brembo brakes (from my SRT)

Here’s what I really need advice:

I’m intending to do:
392 stroker kit
High lift cam shaft
Magnuson TVS2300 (8psi)

Of course the long tubes will come on when these stuff get on.

Steve white has already confirmed they have a kit to retain the functionality of my shaker intake.

I’d like to ask around:
What’s the most durable stroker kit I can get?
Should I get a high lift cam shaft or a hellcat camshaft ( recommended by S.W.)

Anything you guys recommend to ensure durability and longevity of my vehicle?

I’m building this to bring to Europe where I’ll be migrating to soon. Better build it when everything is readily available to me.

Thanks in advance for any advise/input/criticism

Happy new year!

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
If you don’t already have one, I’d recommend getting a handheld tuner and becoming intimately familiar with its datalogging functionality. Having that ability will definitely help troubleshoot future issues you might have with the mods.

Not to mention the fact that the mods you listed will require a non-stock tune anyway, and should you ever need to adjust that tune, the handheld tuner will allow for someone to make the adjustments and email to you so you can load it yourself. That seems like a really useful thing to have the ability to do if you are on a separate continent from the person making the changes to the tune.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The 2300 Maggie will really limit you. Edelbrock 2650 or 2.9 Whipple or Procharger D1X . use the Hellcat cam. you will give up a little bit of power but low speed torque will be better and you can use all OE parts and drive ability will be better and tuning will be easier. SRT tubular exhaust manifolds or your current shorties will work very well if you don't want to spend LT money .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2300 Maggie will really limit you. Edelbrock 2650 or 2.9 Whipple or Procharger D1X . use the Hellcat cam. you will give up a little bit of power but low speed torque will be better and you can use all OE parts and drive ability will be better and tuning will be easier. SRT tubular exhaust manifolds or your current shorties will work very well if you don't want to spend LT money .
I think the Maggie is the only one that retains the functionality of the shaker scoop. So far, that’s all I found after almost a year of research and digging through forums.

Yeah I’m gonna go with S.W. Recommendations of the hellcat cam

I’m just worried that LT won’t be legal when I import the car the Portugal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don’t already have one, I’d recommend getting a handheld tuner and becoming intimately familiar with its datalogging functionality. Having that ability will definitely help troubleshoot future issues you might have with the mods.

Not to mention the fact that the mods you listed will require a non-stock tune anyway, and should you ever need to adjust that tune, the handheld tuner will allow for someone to make the adjustments and email to you so you can load it yourself. That seems like a really useful thing to have the ability to do if you are on a separate continent from the person making the changes to the tune.
I’m learning HP tuning from a local guy I have here who has done quite a number of mopars.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think the Maggie is the only one that retains the functionality of the shaker scoop. So far, that’s all I found after almost a year of research and digging through forums.

Yeah I’m gonna go with S.W. Recommendations of the hellcat cam

I’m just worried that LT won’t be legal when I import the car the Portugal.
Ok, did not see you had a Shaker. I went with a D1X on my Scat Shaker for same reason and for me the Maggie was just too small. you'll still make good power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts