Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Perfect that's what I got. It's sitting right outside under the carport. Can't beat a supercharger for making power. Arrington (API) will be doing the removal/packing of the SC. The only reason I'm selling is to step up to more boost.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect that's what I got. It's sitting right outside under the carport. Can't beat a supercharger for making power. Arrington (API) will be doing the removal/packing of the SC. The only reason I'm selling is to step up to more boost.

What brand/type is it? How many miles are on it? What are you asking for everything? Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Sorry for the delay Provoc8r, had to go help a neighbor who fell. It is a Edelbrock E-Force 1532 model, I bought it new in 2012, have about 16k, just like new. Asking 4K shipped to the lower 48 or will make a better deal if it's picked up at Arrington.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
The only things you would need will be a new set of intake gaskets and what ever pulley/belt for the amount of boost your after. Is your engine forged or stock? It will come with the 2.75" pulley/belt which is good for 10-11 lbs. boost. I am running 3.73 gears, can't see where that would make any major difference. All of those parts would be under a hundred bucks from somewhere like Summit Racing. Where are you located?Thanks.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Stroker requires the engine to come out, while if you keep the SC below 8psi you should have no issues, just remember induction is fine but I'd rather be blown,LOL

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
8 psi. is the MAX I'd run n stock pistons. If you buy Big Daddy's supercharger you will need to change pulleys.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Yeah both! It's great. I ran 8 lbs. for most of the time (3.50" pulley) and never had a problem. With a 5.7L your looking at about 470 rwhp which would be in the 540-550 engine hp range. It's a blast.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Is it cheaper to build a stroker from a 5.7 or add a supercharger?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I did both but with the larger pulley on the 5.7L you'll have a very potent street cruiser and have a lot of fun. 8psi is the max for the 5.7 that's a good price for the G-force and it looks decent under the hood. The stroker is a solid motor and it's going to cost you more than doing a SC unless your capable of doing your own work.

SC and be done like Tout said stroked is good but getting blown is better :guiness:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Stroker and being NA is more impressive than a supercharger build in my book. Anyone can slap a blower on but a built motor wins it for me.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Stroker and being NA is more impressive than a supercharger build in my book. Anyone can slap a blower on but a built motor wins it for me.
To me it's all about who does the wrenching, I"m far more impressed by a shade tree mechanic installing a Maggie than someone who pays a shop to machine build install and tune a NA beast.

For the record when tuning becomes available for the 15's I'll be paying a shop to do drop in pistons and a supercharger on my Scat Pack.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Can't beat a supercharger for HP per dollar... but I would love to have a 410 under the hood, too.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
What most people don't know is that to get the same performance that a SC gives, the NA stroker is less drivable on the street because it needs some help, add a converter,gears....

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
What most people don't know is that to get the same performance that a SC gives, the NA stroker is less drivable on the street because it needs some help, add a converter,gears....
I don't see how the NA car would need any more help than a SC one would. NA strokers are capable of well over 500+ hp, just the same as a FI 5.7 is.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts