Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

I have a 2012 Challenger SRT8 manual transmission and I would like to see what options are out for strengthening the engine prior to adding a Kenne Bell. I would like to obtain max hp without ruining the ability of daily driving. I would also like to add a cam with lop for that old school sound.

I appreciate any advice in this endeavor.

Doug

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Good day,

I have a 2012 Challenger SRT8 manual transmission and I would like to see what options are out for strengthening the engine prior to adding a Kenne Bell. I would like to obtain max hp without ruining the ability of daily driving. I would also like to add a cam with lop for that old school sound.

I appreciate any advice in this endeavor.

Doug
We just did this to a shop car, a 2010 SRT8 -- and even though you have the 6.4L instead of the 6.1L, the results are great. Ours makes 502RWHP and yours should do the same and be ready to take the boost when you take the plunge.

We do high-compression versions for people who want to stay NA, but even the lower (say 10.1:1) compression 426 makes a lot of power and is better for boost added later. It will be completely forged - capable of going to 1000HP if you like.

The more aggressive the cam, the rougher that low idle is, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great daily driver. The sound is amazing and my preference is to use the Corsa/Mopar exhaust for the right startup roar. We will be happy to set you up with Kooks or Magnaflow, too.

We custom tune cars with the 426, and also can install and tune the KB or our own supercharger -- there are build examples on our web site:
Click: shopHEMI.com

Give us a call or send your preferred email to [email protected] and we can discuss how we put that kind of build together and your options. We can ship it as a crate engine or you can transport your car to us.

·
Registered
243 Posts
API does great work and has a damn good track record with modern Mopars, just check out their website. Mine was built with high (11.27:1) compression for NA and i intend to keep it blower/FI free and au naturale. Cam is moderately aggressive (226in, 234ex @.050 lift), especially on a cold start and brings a giant smile to my face on a daily basis. See my sig for other mods/details. Good luck with your decision and please let us know what you decide!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
API does great work and has a damn good track record with modern Mopars, just check out their website. Mine was built with high (11.27:1) compression for NA and i intend to keep it blower/FI free and au naturale. Cam is moderately aggressive (226in, 234ex @.050 lift), especially on a cold start and brings a giant smile to my face on a daily basis. See my sig for other mods/details. Good luck with your decision and please let us know what you decide!!!
could you post a link to API website-can't seem to find them

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
So could we get 426 SB and use apache heads with upgraded cam/ intake manifold etc.?
Absolutely.

When we do the whole package, we port the heads, trim the valves to match, and change the cam and add a bigger throttle body. If you just want the forging/reliability in the block, we'll sell the 426 short block and you can transfer the rest from an existing block or add new.

Or, if we are doing the install, we'll transfer them and do a custom tune. You would need the ported heads and cam to get over 500RWHP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tim,

I tried to email but my iPad is having issues I guess. I've searched the website and can't find what I'm looking for. If possible could you provide a quote for the following:

426 stroker kit for 392
274 cam package
Email tune for everything above

Thanks,
Doug

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Thanks Tim,

I tried to email but my iPad is having issues I guess. I've searched the website and can't find what I'm looking for. If possible could you provide a quote for the following:

426 stroker kit for 392
274 cam package
Email tune for everything above

Thanks,
Doug
If you send your email to [email protected] or PM it to me, I'll get something formal going as to a quote. But to get you started, here are some pages on shopHEMI.com.

Note - we can quote you the upgrade parts as a kit for your 392-426 stroker, but we highly recommend buying the short block. We will guarantee the 426 SB for 12 months/12,000 miles and you get our experience as builders of the most critical part of a high-power engine.

The 426 short block list - you trade your block in or pay a core charge.

In a similar fashion, you can buy the camshaft solo or in our Powertrip package with ported heads and valves - assembled. Takes a lot of the guesswork out.

The camshaft page.

The entire heads and cam package.

Thanks for asking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts