Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any strut braces that clear the KB 2.8l yet?

Last I heard there was maybe one in the works but I haven't really been following it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would like to know this too.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Watching this thread with interest...

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So based on PM's it looks like I'll be making something myself?

Hopefully someone chimes in with a production unit that's actually in the works.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Not sure if it will help much, but the California CLassics & Collectibles Inc. works with the Magnuson with about 3/4" inch of clearance.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
If someone has a kb powered car in s fla and wants to stop by our shop we can see what bars will or won't fit it.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Techco Brace would work if you could find one

hope I dont get in trouble for saying that
I'll look into that. I'm sure someone somewhere will have a used one to part with.

You know exactly what will and wont get you in trouble. No need for antagonistic comments.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have a Techco strut brace right now and am hoping it will work with my 2.8L KB. The only problem I can see it where the bar goes over the engine, it may hit on the throttle body. If it does I may have a local fab shop make up a new billet crossover bar that will accommodate the Techco as it's a great set-up.
Justin

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The KB will be going on over the next couple weeks, will let you know as soon as it's done. If you haven't heard any feedback from me in this thread by then please send me a PM so I can followup.
Justin

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good. Mine will be going on hopefully in the next few weeks too so sounds like you're landing in the perfect time frame for me.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Techco strut brace is a no go with the KB. I thought it would be the strut bar that got in the way but I didn't even make it that far in the testing as the strut tower mount that triangulates up into the firewall brace won't fit over the KB Mammoth air chamber that wraps around to the throttle body. sucky...
My Techco strut tower brace will be for sale by tonight.
Justin

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Again, if there is anyone in s fla with a kb installed and can come by the shop we can test fit bars to see what works and what fits. If our bar or any others do not work, I am sure we can do some specific for the kb, assuming there is enough demand. We have a special bar for the vortech cars for the same reason

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I've been waiting for this too. Stack Performance mentioned they were working with KB to clear the SC but I have not heard anything further from SP. The California Classics/Drake brace will not clear the throttle body, I had to sell mine:(

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
woo hoo!!! I'll be ordering one soon.

For speedlogix, did you have to modify the RE brace for it to fit the KB?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts