Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a place to pick up the specialty tool to remove the strut nut?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
(after compressing the spring) I think I remember using a small wrench to hold the top of the strut shaft from spinning while I loosend the nut with a big wrench.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used strap wrench and my air gun to loosen the nut, came right off. But that is what I purchased my compressor for was to change out the suspension in my R/T and my '70 GTO.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to have some air tools, but that's not in my budget right now; I had to choose priority and get a new living room suite lol...not the choice I wanted!

Since I don't have air tools, i was hoping to find a strut nut tool to simplify the task

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought one from these folks.

SPX Miller Special Tools | Main

Worked great. It is basically a hollow 18mm socket with a small arm on it. It alows you to hold the center rod with a 1/4" socket through the top of the socket and turn the 18mm socket with a crescent wrench. Part number is 9362.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought one from these folks.

SPX Miller Special Tools | Main

Worked great. It is basically a hollow 18mm socket with a small arm on it. It alows you to hold the center rod with a 1/4" socket through the top of the socket and turn the 18mm socket with a crescent wrench. Part number is 9362.
Awesome! Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.