Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
It ties the strut mounts together, stiffens up the chassis to help prevent flex. The idea is handling will be more predictable as you're not dealing with chassis flex.

Many places to get them. Petty's Garage, Mopar, Speedlogix, Drake...

A Guy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..anyone have one notice a difference in anything? i know when i get oine the gas pedal the body seem to lift or flex? like motor mounts

·
Premium Member
9,539 Posts
Check out the link listed below:

^^^ that is the link for the non hellcat front strut brace.

Feel free to give us a call 561-687-3712 and we will be happy to answer your questions.

- Alexis

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I've had the Mopar front brace and Petty 4 point rear brace on my '10 R/TC, and have the Mopar front on my '16 Scat Pack. I have another Petty 4 point for the rear, but haven't installed it yet.

13674.jpg
37785.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
That's what they are worth it for. Not saying they don't have any performance affect, they should, just saying get them for looks like a CAI ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Had one on my '09 Challenger and it was worth it just to get rid of the cheap hollow popping sound when going over uneven bump/holes (left/right). Our Jeep SRT came with one from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Well documented. The unibody is quite rigid, and anyone that "noticed a difference" is just justifying 300+ out of pocket. The look great, though.
Do you have engineering data to back up the statement that the strut bar makes no difference? I have no data to show if it does or does not make a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I'll admit I added my strut tower brace for looks. In my mind, the only way you might see a difference in driving is if you do autocross with the car. Maybe in the tight turns it helps, but with an everyday driver like my car, no.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts