Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to throw a question out there. I'm looking at Strut Towers Braces (one from Speedlogix and one from Petty). Is one better (or prefered) of the other? And if so, why? The brace will be going on an '18 392 Scat Pack Shaker. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
219 Posts
The speedlogix looks great and much better IMO. Fits easy and it will substitute the actual yours(which is not useful at all. )
My road course days are much better now.
Car Feels more solid especially in quick fast turns.
I personally believe a strut brace is a must for all the challengers. More than anything else it should be done before anything else.
Btw I have a SCATPACK 16
hope it helps

Fly

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Any reason why you're not looking at the mopar one?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Biggest reason is, I can either the one from Speedlogix or Petty color matched. After looking at pic of all of them, I think that I would like the color matched one for long term.
Makes sense, I thought you might've had some other reason (quality, performance, etc) but I didn't take into account color matching.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you ever plan on adding a supercharger do not get the Mopar brace, it will not fit. The Speedlogix one works and fits great, and works with all supercharger applications I believe.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you ever plan on adding a supercharger do not get the Mopar brace, it will not fit. The Speedlogix one works and fits great, and works with all supercharger applications I believe.
I don't plan on adding a supercharger, but between cars and bikes, I have learned to never say never :roller::grin2:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I chose the Speedlogix one for price and the style of the brace. I ordered one just before Christmas taking advantage of a discounted price. Took my time preping, priming and painting mine. Was delightfully surprised at the performance feel it gave. Very easy to install (around 30 minutes taking my time). 2014 RT.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm going to throw a question out there. I'm looking at Strut Towers Braces (one from Speedlogix and one from Petty). Is one better (or prefered) of the other? And if so, why? The brace will be going on an '18 392 Scat Pack Shaker. Thanks in advance for the help!
Due to my Shaker I was also considering the Petty brace. Went with the Speedlogix one due to the holiday sale. The extra discount pretty much covered the cost of getting the color match. Fit pretty well. Had some issues with the wiper motor bracket not lining up, but just made a new one and it's all good. Topped it off with the American Brothers billet strut tower caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll be installing a brace as well. Does no one like the Drake strut tower brace?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
I installed the Petty Brace in our 16' Scat shaker. Fit was excellent. Color match was spot on (we have B5 blue). Took longer to take the shaker off than to install. Challengertalk members also get a 10% discount. Code Challengertalk10. I have seen the Speedlogix braces in person, and I wasn't happy with the quality. The Petty brace I have looks amazing.

Reactions: Moparblue

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ipittydafoo, I like the install pics of the rear brace, trunk still looks very usable!!

benmowery, could you post some pics of yours?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Won't fit with the Shaker, so its a no go for me
It won't fit if you have any kind of engine cover either. So, there is nothing wrong with it, but applications are limited.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Mopar now has strut braces that clear the Shaker intake.

Looks like it may clear a Hellcat supercharger.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts