Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a petty 4 bar strut tower brace as they said it will fit with the supercharger.. well it clears it but not the coolant can for the magnuson charger.. any suggestions on how to make it fit or send it back and get a speedlogix.. that is the only other one i know of that will clear the blower.

any help would be great

thanks
chris

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
i bought a petty 4 bar strut tower brace as they said it will fit with the supercharger.. well it clears it but not the coolant can for the magnuson charger.. any suggestions on how to make it fit or send it back and get a speedlogix.. that is the only other one i know of that will clear the blower.

any help would be great

thanks
chris
The coolant resivoir for the intercooler mounts on the driver's side fender, behind the coolant resivoir. The Petty's bar that I have comes no where near it.The Petty's bar does come close to the oil seperator, but in your other post, you advised you were using a catch can instead. Are you mounting the IC coolant resivoir in the wrong place?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no the coolant tank for the blower mounts to a stud right on the driver side fender.. right by the instructions.. no other place to put it.

i am not using a oil serparator as i have the billet tech catch can

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
I drilled a new hole in the Magnuson Coolant reservoir bracket to fit around my Petty SRT Strut Brace. Other than that good to go.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics chris.. did this mess with your hose length at all?

sent from mobile device

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Send it back and get the API brace. IMO

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ya i am thinking about that. you don't like your speedlogix brace?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I now see the difference. you have a different style of bar than I do. Have you thought about putting your intercooler res in the little hatch by the windshield wipers. there is a video on you tube of a guy who did that and it looks very clean.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i really don't want to mess with relocating the hoses at this point

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
ya i am thinking about that. you don't like your speedlogix brace?
I'm different , there is only one brace that fits KB, there are lots of options with the Maggie . API is by far the best for your set up. Several CT guys are using them. I'm ok with mine, API has one for the whipple that almost fit my KB

You should toss the Maggie expansion tank anyway. Install the canton exp tank. It looks sweet and it relocates it next to ps, very sweet.

Check out the thread below, second post by whygoslow. He has several pic. API brace and canton exp tank. His engine bay is the best on CT, he should be ride of the month.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f176/finally-gave-maggie-here-i-come-100229/

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info.. where do you get one of these expansion tanks?? havn't seen them before

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
never mind found it.. now i need to figure out how to mount it

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
never mind found it.. now i need to figure out how to mount it

Very easy, call KB and buy just the mount for their exp tank. They use a plastic bottle that sits on a bracket. The canton tank is made for that bracket. The bracket slides into your Radiator tabs, it will mount just like mine does , check out my ST 393 thread and you can see better pictures than my sig, I have the moroso radiator tank but its the same as our stock plasic tank.

WYGOSLW , was cheap and didn't want to spend the $50 bucks for the bracket and he wanted it to have his hoses out the side not the front for some reason. He welded little tabs on the side of the Canton tank that dropped into the Radiator tabs. You should PM him on his CAI and other maggie mods.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a lmi cold air already with bungs for nitros and water meth in them so i am good there.. i also have the ONLY set of metal idler pulleys in existance that i know of not the cheap plastic ones.. and i used the beam like he has to hold them in place..

I was lookin at your pics.. hard to see. you say that it bolts to the tabs on the radiator? ( the pc from kenne bell correct?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
i have a lmi cold air already with bungs for nitros and water meth in them so i am good there.. i also have the ONLY set of metal idler pulleys in existance that i know of not the cheap plastic ones.. and i used the beam like he has to hold them in place..

I was lookin at your pics.. hard to see. you say that it bolts to the tabs on the radiator? ( the pc from kenne bell correct?
No, the canton tank bolts to the bracket from KB. There are tabs or ears on your plastic Radiator that most people use to hold the CAI. The KB bracket slides into it. I will try and find a close up pic.

Best I have right now,

You have the same ears on your plastic Radiator tank that will accept the KB bracket.

Glad you got the dog bone for your idlers, I'm sure you got the Dayco tensioner and Gates HD or DB belts also. Throw some RP ice in the ex tank when all is done, it should drop temps 6-8 deg also. Its fun spending your money LOL

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol ya man i am just about SPENT OUT lol.. i know it could be worse but i have spent a boat load this last month and i still got to get TIRES!!! lol

rp ice huh i will look into it.. just the radiator or both radiator and the coolant for the blower?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Here is a pic of the canton exp tank with the Maggie, It dosen't have the KB bracket, Sam made some tabs so he could turn it 90 deg. Depending on the kind of CAI you have you could mount it straight or at a 90 deg. With the KB bracket you could make a little ( plate with couple holes) adapter on the bottom to turn it or easily fab something off the KB bracket.

Here is a better example of what can be done with that area, this expansion tank can hold a bunch of ice and really bring down IAT at the track. Several vendors sell them.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i talked to sam last night.. i don't know if this tank is going to fit because my LMI fender pull intake is in the way.. i have 2 options.. hack it up to fit.. at the very least cut off the factory mounting tabs.. if i do that i own it.. otherwise i leave the junk plastic tank and send it all back.

it needs to be smaller.. alot smaller

1 - 20 of 23 Posts