Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
I have a Petty SRT brace and love it, color match is spot on, made a notable improvement in handling. It was also super easy to install

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
which ones are you guys using? i like speed logix. but is it worth the price?. pics?
I installed the front and rear braces from Speedlogix about 6 months ago. They are structurally sound, offer increased performance, and look great. I can PM you some pics when I get back home in a few days if you want them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm another fan of my Petty's Garage Double Strut Tower Brace. The install was awesome and I love the color matching option. Makes it look OEM, much better than any of the other ones out there.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the speedlogix front and rear. There has been a lot of discussion about whether the speedlogix is better, because it replaces the factory square bar that goes across. Some say it doesnt matter, others like me think because of this, it is the best and most effective brace. The speedlogix is unique this way where as the rest all bolt up against that square bar that doesnt feel to be all that strong. As far as the rear, pettys garage seems to have an excellent design, possibly better than the speedlogix rear. Also, I have heard nothing but great things about Pettys garage quality.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed the front and rear braces from Speedlogix about 6 months ago. They are structurally sound, offer increased performance, and look great. I can PM you some pics when I get back home in a few days if you want them.

def if you dont mind sending me a few pics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the petty strut brace looks great too. ive asked my dealer about the mopar brace and theyre trying to get 800$ for it. & personally i dont like being robbed lol

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
the petty strut brace looks great too. ive asked my dealer about the mopar brace and theyre trying to get 800$ for it. & personally i dont like being robbed lol
At that price are they trying to sell you both front and rear Mopar braces? I have both Mopar F and R braces and didn't pay no where near that for both of them. The last I knew the rear Mopar brace stickered around $415 retail. Some of our vendors here can probably score a better price than that. Also, both braces really tighten up the chassis. Even though I have Mopars, I am sure any other manufacturer product will produce similar results.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my dodge in louisiana wanted 8 just for the front. thats why i was looking for the speed logix.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I went with Mopar to retain the factory look.

You can buy the Mopar front strut brace on eBay for less than $300, shipped, and install it yourself in 20 minutes.

Search part number P5155950.

It's well worth the money for the improved handling and cornering.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can buy the Mopar front strut brace on eBay for less than $300, shipped, and install it yourself in 20 minutes.

Search part number P5155950.

I went with Mopar to retain the factory look.
Absolutely, I bought mine from a member for 270 shipped and ended up installing it myself and was not hard
Just wanted the mopar look. I'm sure the other company's are good it's just what you want.
Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Speedlogix in the front and the Petty in the back. By far the Petty was much faster and shipped the same day as I ordered it, but the Speedlogix took a week to ship. Also the Petty brace was shipped in a real heavy duty box made to keep it undamaged in shipping. Just ordered the bolt in subframe connectors and will be installing them this week.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Petty's all the way. Front, rear, sub-frame. Customer service Petty's give meant a whole lot also.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You guys who did your own installations - how did you drill the holes in the cowl brace for the bolts? The video I saw shows there's limited room for a drill in the right place.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
You guys who did your own installations - how did you drill the holes in the cowl brace for the bolts? The video I saw shows there's limited room for a drill in the right place.
Right angle drive drill and a 12" long 3/8" bit. See the link in my earlier post to this thread.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts