Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
Yes they make a difference in handling. Also important to me is that it eliminated that clunky unibody front end noise when going over bumps.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The Speedlogix/razors edge bar fit just fine behind my shaker (its a Cervinis setup, but should be close to the Mopar in terms of size). Very noticeable improvement in handling, especially paired with the Mopar Stage 1 springs.

·
Registered
2014 Challenger R/T
46 Posts
Email pettys-garage.com they make one that fits OEM shakers. They do not list it on their site, they just started selling it. It is the same price as the one listed on the site.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The MOPAR front strut bar fits with the factory engine cover. (huge) I can only venture to guess that it would work with the "SHAKER" as well.

Attachments

Reactions: c26bt34c

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I went with the razors edge/speedlogix front and rear braces. I like the arched brace since you don't end up losing as much trunk space.

Take it easy
Jay

Rear 4 point arched brace

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
This looks Badazzzz...

I know it's all plastic, and nonfunctional (engine cover), but that is very cool.

Reactions: RunningWithBeers

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
My one and only issue with my Petty rear brace is the size. It pretty much eats up the trunk, and negates most of the usefulness of folding down the back seats for more storage room.

However, I didn't get the car for hauling stuff. I got my trusty old ZJ for that ;)
I do believe the Petty brace is stronger overall, and possibly a little stiffer than most (a straight piece of tubing is way stronger/less felxible than a bent piece).

So it's a trade off. I'm sure the Mopar and Speedlogix pieces are fine and do their job. But I don't regret buying the Petty version...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts