Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a Strut Tower Brace for my SE but Mopar doesn't list one for the 3.5L engine. Have any of you guys installed it? I'm getting one from an R/T owner and want to know if it will fit before I buy it? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The Petty's Garage brace designed for the R/T works on the 3.5L V6 also. This was verified by Greg Steadman of Petty's Garage. It's made of chromoly and is a lot cheaper than the Mopar unit, even when paint matched to your car.

Here's a link:

Petty R/T Strut Tower Brace - Petty Challenger

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I appreciate at it, but the one that is for sale is the MOPAR one. And he selling it for way way less so that's why I ask. So that's why I'm trying to figure if the Mopar Strut Tower Brace for the 5.7 will fit on the 3.5. So if anyone with an SE has the mopar brand installed I'd like to know. Thanks for looking out ptgarcia! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
607 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of a strut brace?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
When the suspension cycles the body of the car flexes. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, as it can help with creating a comfortable ride. But it also can work against you by adding a feeling of vagueness or looseness to the cars handling. The strut tower brace connects the left side suspension to the right side via the strut tower and greatly reduces body flex. What you end up with is a better working suspension and a more precise handling car. It's a great mod that will help you get the most out of your suspension.

·
Banned
368 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of a strut brace?
Long story short...they keep the front body from flexing and keep more of front tires in contact w/the ground as I understand it. Mine is ordered from Petty...a lot of guys have reported improved handling with them. :guiness:

·
Registered
171 Posts
The guys above give great advice! We sell multiple ones at SpeedLogix!!
Our best seller, most requested unit, is the Razor's Edge:
Strut Tower Brace 05-11 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum

But if you're budget minded, we have other options also:
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace 05-11 Challenger 5.7, 6.1, 6.4L 392

And this is the Mopar one:
Mopar Strut Tower Brace 05-11 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L, 392

Don't hesitate to email, PM, or call me with any questions!! I've been through this all a few times with my own rides, lol. I'd be GLAD to point you in the right direction, or answer any questions you might have! :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks guys. I plan on buying the ProKit from Eibach when it is released for the 2011s so I guess this will only help once that is in place. Looks like another mod I need (but really just want) to buy! HA

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was on my list of mods, but once I saw the opportunity come up I had to go for it once I knew It would fit mine.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
They do make a difference. Just installed the Mopar on my R/TC. Like has been stated, firms up the front with better steering response.

IMO, it's the mod that should be considered first. Worth the effort and $$$$

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mopar Strut Brace, 71MM Ported TB, Mopar CAI

Mopar CAI, Strut Bar, 71mm Ported TB installed..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts