Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on the Rear mount turbo kits for the newer 392s? I'm thinking of having this set up installed and later down the road a Kenne Bell as well. Anybody running one of these kits on the new 2015s?? Thanks

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
You're going to have issues with part throttle boost like a SOB. You have some options to deal with it but tuning doesn't exist, especially for '15+. Tuning has barely become available for the 15 cars so it will be a while but the only real ways to deal with it is either meth injection (untuned) or a Kenne Bell WOT box. I look forward to watching your build when the time comes and good luck! I plan on stroking and turbo charging my '12 r/t at some point as well.

Reactions: onemurphy24

·
Registered
120 Posts
You're going to have issues with part throttle boost like a SOB. You have some options to deal with it but tuning doesn't exist, especially for '15+. Tuning has barely become available for the 15 cars so it will be a while but the only real ways to deal with it is either meth injection (untuned) or a Kenne Bell WOT box. I look forward to watching your build when the time comes and good luck! I plan on stroking and turbo charging my '12 r/t at some point as well.

Umm...I got a 15 with a built motor, custom blower cam, ported heads, ported tb, long tubes, procharger pushing 13psi, and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember. The tune is spot on. There are a few people who know exactly what their doing and can dial it in. Might be wrong but i don't see how turbos vs a blower would affect tuning capabilities.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
Umm...I got a 15 with a built motor, custom blower cam, ported heads, ported tb, long tubes, procharger pushing 13psi, and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember. The tune is spot on. There are a few people who know exactly what their doing and can dial it in. Might be wrong but i don't see how turbos vs a blower would affect tuning capabilities.

When you say built motor, do you mean forged rods and pistons?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts

Part throttle boost is a much bigger problem on turbos than on blowers but I'm not exactly sure why. Tuning for these cars with FI seems to be a ***** to do but can be done. It'll all come down to how much anyone wants to spend and how much the tuner knows about doing the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts