Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I have 2013 v6 challenger.my issue is when given hard acceleration the rpm is stuck in 3000..but in normal drive it drives fine in less than 3000 rpm..the error code shown is oil pressure pump stuck off..but I had changed the oil pump and still it’s same..any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,601 Posts
Does the transmission shift gears under hard acceleration, or is this happening in 1st gear?

What is the exact code you get about the oil pump?

Does that code illuminate the Check Engine Light on the dash? If so, does it stay lit up all the time or only when you accelerate and encounter the problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Nuke ...gear doesn’t shift in hard acceleration..in first gear it shifts.and engine light is lit up all the time

·
Premium Member
8,601 Posts
@Nuke ...gear doesn’t shift in hard acceleration..in first gear it shifts.and engine light is lit up all the time
When it does not shift, does it just stay steady at 3000 RPMs? Or do the RPMs go down and then back up to 3000?

The transmission is not in Autostick when this happens is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Nuke ..rpm doesn’t go down..when I push acceleration it tries to increase the rpm and stays btw 3000 and 4000..and if I switch off the ignition and restart the car again at that time this issue is not scene for a while..and transmission is in automatic when this happens.

·
Premium Member
8,601 Posts
I am not sure what that could be. It does not sound like anything I have heard about yet with these cars.

Can you capture a quick video or audio recording of it and share out so we can hear it ourselves?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,699 Posts
Sounds like limp mode, but need more information. What happens when you come to a stop and pull out slow? Do the revs drop back down to idle then ramp up slowly all the way to 3K again?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Nuke
I am not sure what that could be. It does not sound like anything I have heard about yet with these cars.

Can you capture a quick video or audio recording of it and share out so we can hear it ourselves?
Sounds like limp mode, but need more information. What happens when you come to a stop and pull out slow? Do the revs drop back down to idle then ramp up slowly all the way to 3K again?
When I stop and pull out the rev drops as normal..when I accelerate hard it does not go more than 3000-4000 rpm..but in less than 3000 rpm it drives normal...

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,699 Posts
SOunds like limp mode with rev limiter kicking in to me. Transmission problem my guess.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Car have Valet Mode on?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,110 Posts
2013 V6...valet mode? ;)

Transmission Limp Mode Transmission function is monitored electronically for abnormal conditions. If a condition is detected that could result in transmission damage, Transmission Limp Home Mode is activated. In this mode, the transmission remains in the current gear until the vehicle is brought to a stop. After the vehicle has stopped, the transmission will remain in second gear regardless of which forward gear is selected. PARK, REVERSE, and NEUTRAL will continue to operate. Limp Home Mode allows the vehicle to be driven to an authorized dealer for service without damaging the transmission.
In the event of a momentary problem, the transmission can be reset to regain all forward gears by performing the following steps:
1. Stop the vehicle.
2. Shift the transmission into PARK.
3. Turn the engine OFF.
4. Wait approximately 10 seconds.
5. Restart the engine.
6. Shift into the desired gear range. If the problem is no longer detected, the transmission will return to normal operation.
NOTE: Even if the transmission can be reset, we recommend that you visit your authorized dealer at your earliest possible convenience. Your authorized dealer has diagnostic equipment to determine if the problem could recur.
If the transmission cannot be reset, authorized dealer service is required.

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts