Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..finally decided to do a run on my car...first 0-60 on a straight road (did another run on it as well)

Second run put me at 4.32 (I started a little slow)

Now, I have to stress this is a straight, non hilly road, I had my buddy with me who can back it up too, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think spinning your tires like ya did can get ya even lower if ya do it right... :bigthumb:
? Spinning tires? I used to spin them all the time but I've been practicing launching this thing without wheel spin for awhile now, I can get a video if it later if you guys need absolute proof...I swear though, straight road and those are the results I got...that's why I posted them as I thought they were too good to be true, even 4.3 sounds too good, is there a way to "trick" it (besides being a fool and going down hill 0-60) I have to be careful around here as there isn't really anywhere to "race" this was just on a normal road. If it really seems "that" impossible I will try to get a video tommorow, it was 40 degrees outside and all my mods are listed in my sig, maybe I'm missing something? The EVIC wouldn't just randomly screw up would it? Last-last night I ran it and got 4.68 0-60, never took a picture of that though...the 3.9 was a "holy crap" and I started yapping to my friend in the passenger seat about how incredible that is and he just looked at me with a ? not understanding how ridiculous that is for a SRT-8. Is the second run 4.3 also impossible? I just find it odd that on a straight road, two shots, I got such low calculations, is the EVIC wrong? I'll def have to go back to that road...

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can't the Diablo "fool" the speedo calibration if desired?
Perhaps a little tweaking by the tuner???
Only thing I've done with the predator is use the 91 perf cai and set the fans to reflect my t-stat lol I guess I'll have to do a video to to prove it.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Try this, put the stock tune back in and let us know how you do. It only takes a few seconds right? Do them back to back. It would be very interesting. 5.02 best time in my six speed, and I'm very happy I was able to pull that time. If your speedo cal is out of spec, a video isn't going to prove anything.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try this, put the stock tune back in and let us know how you do. It only takes a few seconds right? Do them back to back. It would be very interesting. 5.02 best time in my six speed, and I'm very happy I was able to pull that time. If your speedo cal is out of spec, a video isn't going to prove anything.
Why would my speedo be out of spec? Lol I can pretty much assure you it isn't that's something I'd find out pretty quickly around here

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
could it be set at kilometers 0-60?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i once did a 2.9.... if u take off before the evic says ready, you'll be halfway to 60 mph before it starts the timer.... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
It is obvious your EVIC is displaying a 3.95 time, but given your mods that result appears hopelessly out of reach. Adding video isn't much help, as the real question is why is the EVIC showing a bogus time? Others have already pointed out several ways the EVIC can make mistakes.

If you want to determine your true performance, take it to a drag strip (when they open). Your time slip will show your actual performance, especially the 60' times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You were likely doing your runs on a road with a slight downhill grade....Runs need to be done in both directions at approx the same spot to rule this out....

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You were likely doing your runs on a road with a slight downhill grade....Runs need to be done in both directions at approx the same spot to rule this out....
Maybe...sure seemed right...I'll simply watch my EVIC\rpm\speed next time, my car shifts @ 40 mph WOT out of 1st, and I'm still in 2nd when I hit 60, I'll check to make sure when I get the time. Why do people keep saying "I think your rear wheels are doing great time" o_O could somebody please elaborate as every cares to say it, just not explain it. And no, my EVIC was "ready" as I always double tap that > button to get it past the "best time" and into ready.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
In Metric the time is registered as a 0 - 100KMPH which is actually a 0 - 62.137 MPH time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's the computer... It's not accurate. I pulled 4.4 times in my Charger with no spin, before the predator. The computer just isn't 100%.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If those numbers were correct your car is faster than a 600HP Viper, 550HP Shelby GT500, and the latest Corvette rendition. Do you still believe those numbers are correct, if so try and run one of those cars, then you will understand.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hm, strange that every posts up EVIC times as if they are legit then... well here's a video to show me doing a run of 4.06 0-60 on a straight road...can't imagine how the EVIC would be so drastically wrong, system has the latest flash...

Here's proof of what I'm seeing.

If the EVIC is in fact off (more than normal), how do I get that fixed?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts