Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody know if someone makes a sub box that fits like the kicker one in the trunk for the other side of the trunk so you could have two without losing any trunk space. i am looking to add another sub and a new amp but thought if the box already exists then that would save me from having to build a fiberglass one from scratch. Also i have been looking aroung for pics of what some people have done to thier trunks in the way of audio equipment so i can get some ideas of where to install/hide components. Any help is apprecieated.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You can check my build thread(s) for some ideas/pictures. I've done my amps two different ways. I never finished my sealed enclosure (which by the way anyone can have if they want) but I will be doing an IB set up if I ever come across money for subs.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I went around town asking for this at local car stereos places. Some of them told me they could make one for me. Check your local shops if you havent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to go the custom way for my GTO b/c no one made a kit. i was hoping someone had done the had work for me. Do any of you know of any cooling problems with mounting the amp where our spare should be? The shop that did the work on my GTO is gone and I dont know of any trustworthy shops in Northern VA. So if I have to make one it would b eup to me to do it myself and I am not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I didn't have any issues with my Sundown down there, and I live in FL. Fiberglassing is pretty easy until you need to bodyfill/sand.

·
Registered
53 Posts
JL audio makes a 12" stealth enclosure that fits between
the rear deck and wheel well on the driver side. It cost
$600 and doesn't include an amp, but JL is one of the best
in the business, and it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I had the same issue - I wanted to get a single sub enclosure for each side, but I could only find the one. Plus, there was no good place for an amp. So...with A LOT of help from people on this forum and knowing that I don't use my trunk for anything (my wife has an Avenger, and I also have a Jimmy), I decided to build my own box. See pictures.

The work was somewhat hard - not difficult, but physically tough. It wasn't very expensive until it came time to finish it, I wasn't happy with the way it looked so I took it to a local body shop and paid them $300 to do a final Bondo layer, then paint it to match the car and clearcoat it. The nice thing about doing it yourself is that you can design it anyway you want. I included a LED backlit Challenger panel in mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I fiberglassed the form, but used wood for the front. The carpet doesnt look as custom as the bondo/finishing work, but it was a quick build. It just took a few days after work. Waiting for the resin to dry was the hardest part. It wouldn't have taken much more time to build for both sides, but I didn't need that much bass. Here is a picture of the prep and initial fit.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts