Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled car out of garage yesterday just to let her run and to look at her ( major snow here) damn these are bitchin cars! Anyway I was messin with the stereo and could here the subs that are stock on the car, a rattle from the outside and I have tried to find it. First thought license plate but not it. Just thought I would check here to see if anyone else had this issue and knows exactly where it's coming from? :bash:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What system do you have? I have sound group II and the woofer in the rear deck rattles some, but it's only noticeable from the outside.

·
Registered
34 Posts
HK 2 subs in trunk, rattle is outside but it's noticeable enough that I don't want it there

I have the rattle too, same stereo as you. I haven't put any time into finding where it came from, but it is embarrassing to the point where I don't play any loud music with other cars/people around. Just listen to the engine instead :headbang2:

But now I'm curious...

·
Registered
107 Posts
anyone figure this out?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Its just what happens when u add subs that put out some bass. The sheet metal will vibrate against each other. If it really bothers u start looking into sound deadening. It's pretty simple once u learn about it. Probably wouldn't cost much to do the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
Did you guys ever catch this video of the loudest Challenger? The stereo system literally destroyed this owner's roof from the vibrations! Also, watch how the sheet metal on the sides bow in and out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts