Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to change out driveshaft to 1 piece aluminum, rear control arms with SL Billet adjustable, as well as the billet track bar and all bushings, with urethane vice rubber,, anyone know all the factory torque specs ?

2015 scat pack 6 spd

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
About to change out driveshaft to 1 piece aluminum, rear control arms with SL Billet adjustable, as well as the billet track bar and all bushings, with urethane vice rubber,, anyone know all the factory torque specs ?

2015 scat pack 6 spd
I believe the rear cradle is supposed to be 133 ft/lbs. Not sure about the diff. Did you find poly bushings for the diff too?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Those are indeed the specs...... A word of advice, once you swap out to the poly bushings, you are going to have quite a bit of vibration. The car will be louder when driving from road noise..... I just completed this very swap a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Those are indeed the specs...... A word of advice, once you swap out to the poly bushings, you are going to have quite a bit of vibration. The car will be louder when driving from road noise..... I just completed this very swap a couple weeks ago.
What method did you use to get your old cradle bushings out?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Go to my 4.29 gear swap thread..... I used a combination of Saws-All, and burning the bushings out....... First I cut the factory centers out with my Saws-All, then I burned out the remaining rubber with a propane torch..... Once that was finished and I could see the races, I used a fresh Saws-All blade, to cut out the races that are pressed into the cradle..... I made sure I cut into the deepest part of the cradle in case of going too far. I was extremely careful and made sure that I didn't go too far..... Once I cut the races I used an air hammer to get the races out.... Honestly I believe this can be done with a hammer and punch as well, if you don't have air tools..... It was time consuming. Also when I dropped the cradle I had to remove the gas filler neck to make the process easier..... Lastly be careful when you remove the cradle bolts. I broke one of the nuts inside the frame which required me to weld it up.

Reactions: steve37887
1 - 6 of 6 Posts