Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question, but I have a 2016 Dodge challenger (baseline speaker system with no mention of a amp) I had a mono ALPINE MRV500 Amp installed in the trunk to power my two 12" pioneer champions Now I'm looking to upgrade my interior speakers and I was wondering

if I could use my Subs amp to power the rest of the cars speakers???

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dumb question, but I have a 2016 Dodge challenger (baseline speaker system with no mention of a amp) I had a mono ALPINE MRV500 Amp installed in the trunk to power my two 12" pioneer champions Now I'm looking to upgrade my interior speakers and I was wondering

In short, no you couldn't. A mono amp is designed to run one speaker (usually for subs and is probably set to only allow low frequencies). You would want a separate amp (most likely a four channel or more) to power the rest of the speakers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

In short, no you couldn't. A mono amp is designed to run one speaker (usually for subs and is probably set to only allow low frequencies). You would want a separate amp (most likely a four channel or more) to power the rest of the speakers.
Thanks I saw the frequency setting on the amp and also realized it was mono and assumed so but I'm not familiar with car audio so I figured I'd double check

So should I buy a new amp with more channels and pull that one out or should I leave that one for the subs and have a second amp installed as I've heard mono is better for subs? Asking because it would be possible for me to install a new one using the pre run wires and save a buck instead of having to get my local shop to rerun wires for a second amp Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks I saw the frequency setting on the amp and also realized it was mono and assumed so but I'm not familiar with car audio so I figured I'd double check

So should I buy a new amp with more channels and pull that one out or should I leave that one for the subs and have a second amp installed as I've heard mono is better for subs? Asking because it would be possible for me to install a new one using the pre run wires and save a buck instead of having to get my local shop to rerun wires for a second amp Thanks
There are many options available, and I'm no expert. They do have several amps available that can do a sub and 4 channels such as this one https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698642/JL-Audio-RD900-5.html?tp=115. You could also run a separate amp which would leave a little more flexibility with the install. I'm no expert and have been out the game for a long time. Car audio is a little bit like asking what kind of oil to run. There will be a lot of opinions on what you should and shouldn't use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

There are many options available, and I'm no expert. They do have several amps available that can do a sub and 4 channels such as this one https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698642/JL-Audio-RD900-5.html?tp=115. You could also run a separate amp which would leave a little more flexibility with the install. I'm no expert and have been out the game for a long time. Car audio is a little bit like asking what kind of oil to run. There will be a lot of opinions on what you should and shouldn't use.
thanks bud greatly appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts