Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably has already been approached many times, but just for fun I will open this for my own benefit. I have a 2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8 392 Hemi with the 730N with NAV Radio and Harman Kardon Sound System. What would be the suggested Backup Camera Kit to get that would provide the most functionality out of the Radio and it's screen? Also, how do I get any NAV software Version Updates? What is the best procedure to add Demon Eyes to the lights? Any other trick Mod suggestions??

·
Registered
14,049 Posts
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/mopar-backup-camera-installed-my-2011-rt-430n-rhb-radio-70987/

Here's a thread about the factory Mopar kit but it was hit or miss whether it would work on newer Challengers, the OP did get his to work and Luke did too. I like this route over using a Lockpick or similar. I thought about having the dealer add the backup camera sales code XAC to my car and reconfigure the TIPM, and if the screen goes blank when put in reverse, I think the camera would work and I would go ahead and install it and see what happens. If it won't work, then will have to add a Lockpick to get the camera to work.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
back up cam

Backup Camera Systems - B & R Auto Accessories

If you can't get it to work, give this a try. My brother-in-law owns the shop and this is probably where I'm going with mine. I like the idea that the image is in the rear view mirror - don't have to look down or away from the road/windows to see whats behind me.

just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
360 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts