Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where I should post this, but I thought I would make it quick anyways.

What kind of exhaust system would you suggest for a 392 Challenger? Better yet what are my options for more power, being louder, and sounding more fierce? All suggestions are appreciated, any hostility is not. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
louder? really...? is that possible?!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I know Borla and flowmaster or magnaflow have systems that sound insane. I would never go that route. I like silent ad deadly personaly :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was thinking of running straight pipes (keeping cats of course). Anyone try it to see what it sounds like? Is there a problem with CEL coming on in this situation? We have no inspections in Alabama and I've run straight pipes on my Mustang and Dodge Ram 1500 without problems. Actually its quieter inside and by running straight pipes I had removed that dreaded drone the Mustang had around 2000rpm.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
its loud enough stock....its border line annoying sometimes...i like it, but wouldnt want it louder...the cops will hear you from 1 mile away if your any louder

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to those of you that gave me suggestions. I was thinking straight pipes as well, I'm going to tinker with it a bit. I've got some time on my hands to do so, and I will definitely check out those full exhaust systems. It's a muscle car to me, not a Prius. I'm going to enjoy it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts