Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m 18 and working my a$$ off this summer to get a scat pack not sure if I want WB or not. I’m working two jobs for a total of 13-15 hours a day and will have a nice $17k-$20k to put down on it! Just wondering if there is anyone who can give me any insight on the packages they come with (I’m building it online) but I can afford in between a $600-$700 car not (rather it not be as close to $700 but bc the wide body is more and you can buy an aftermarket wide body kit, sound system, rims etc things you can buy after you can build the car to persay the custom seats, interior, sunroof, paint, shaker package (which I’ve really been looking into) etc just wondering what I should get? Any input is appreciated! (Except for the “since I’m young I should look for something else” if I wanted something else I wouldn’t have worked and still am working as hard for it)

·
Registered
849 Posts
I’m also young (relatively speaking at 21), with two cars now and living on my own. I will not dwell on this too long, lord knows most people are going to tell you exactly what you said you didn’t want to hear despite you saying not to. I’m assuming you aren’t paying for insurance or already have it budgeted out? It’s ridiculously expensive so just keep that in mind.

Beyond that, the packages depend on what you are in to. Is this going to be something you have time and money to spend on it in modding or do you expect to keep it mostly stock? Are you a fan of the more modern JDM inspired Muscle look or traditional? Do you care about all the bells and whistles on the inside or not?

If it were me putting together my car the way I am now, I would buy the most stripped down car I could get, in plum crazy purple because I’ve always wanted it, and definitely not wide body (always hated it). I race my cars so I couldn’t care less about bells and whistles inside. One thing I would definitely spring for is the shaker. I had a Mopar shaker on my 13’ and loved it. The rest I can only give you this advice. Think about your future plans, don’t pay for stuff you will take off later. Lord knows I have invested good money in parts only to decide to go a different way later.

No matter what others may post here, buy the car you want now. Enjoy it. I did with my 13’ that I still have. Now I just bought a second car, an 06 Daytona. I’ve invested a lot in the first since I was 16 and will in this one. These are the best years of your life and hopefully you will be able to keep whatever you pick with you a long time. Be safe with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WTX.WILSXN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the positive feedback! and im not really to interested in the bells and whistles on the in side all i really want is the custom seats that come with it something bout that red and black is just so nice. Besides that, yes this is going to be a long term investment something i do plan on driving for the many years to come.

I do plan on looking into mods for it and working for the payments. I know its going to be more than just a pretty penny but its something im willing to do for something ive wanted for so long you know.

me and my girlfriend actually talked ab interior vs exterior/motor and i decided to go with bigger motor and less bells n' whistles on the inside. I do like the widebodys but its something I definitely could live without but the shaker is a must.

The three big factors for me are a good looking exterior (Red, granite, black, white, green, or yes the O SO VERY SEXY PLUM PURPLE) a nice bit of power and not bells and whistles but a nice looking interior also. As far as traditional or retro style.... for my first challenger id probably say retro just for the fact i know in the future ill be getting another and probably build that one a bit more old school with a custom hood having the engine scoop with and body kitted to give it the more traditional look.

There are just a few things in the package idk ab leaving out or getting like the driver convenience ill probably get just to minimize accident risk and the plus package that just come with a more living improvement factor if you know what i mean by that. But there are just some things that before o make my final decision ima have to prioritize

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Check out a base R/T these Challengers are pretty sweet PERIOD! But I'm sure you want the exhaust note and you will have active exhaust! You can get Katzkin leather for less than 1500.00 You have about 50 colors to choose. Get the wheels and tires you want, when you have saved! You can sell the originals to pay for the upgrade you are going to do on the 8.4 nav. with Apple/Android you ordered on the car. Your car won't be super-expensive from day one and I bet ALL your friends will be FULL of envy! A guy I work with has a blue SXT and I don't look down on him from my black 5.7 T/A. I like his color more! Most important, get what you like, but don't knock yourself out with long terms either!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts