Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I ordered a 2019 Challenger R/T on July 2nd. While my dealer had 52 units of varying configurations on the lot, none had all of the options that I wanted. I have a VIN for my car and per my dealer its been in "shipping mode" for 3 weeks now. What is the typical delivery time for these cars? I have read that the plant is producing late and 2020 units wont start until November. If its in shipping then I can imagine there is a delay at the plant.

Though I am on my 4th Ram (love them!), and I have custom ordered other cars in the past, this is my first custom order Dodge. I am baffled by the lack of information from the dealer. I once ordered a custom Mini Cooper-S with the JCW kit and shipped from the UK took roughly 8 weeks.

Does anyone have any idea on Challenger delivery times from the plant? I live in South Florida.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Once the car is built, FCA has no control over shipping, as that's done by another company. Hence that lack of information. I know there were rail car shortages earlier in the year. Not sure if that's still the case.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
62 Posts
turboluigi, I ordered my 2019 scat pack widebody on June 1, 2019. I just picked up the car on Friday August 31, 2019, that is 1 day shy of 13 weeks. The frustrating part is that they told me it would come in 4 - 6 weeks. I heard all of the excuses of why it was taking so long. I reached out to @DodgeCares for some info, not a big help and thier info is limited as well (same as FCA). Basically, some train engineer lost the keys for every car and then the cars just sat. I believe if I didn't pepper them regularly with questions, it would still be sitting there.

I wanted a fully loaded car, that is why I had to order. Unlike ordering a BMW, Dodge makes it impossible to track your order. Eventually, your sales at the dealer will have some information. I know it is tough, but hold on to your patience. In the end, it is really no ones fault, we are simply at the mercy of a not so sophisticated ordering system. On the bright side when it came in, I was extremely happy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
There seems to be no real way, once it's built, to get a true eta on delivery. At least in my case. I ordered my SCWB on 4/20, had a VIN on 4/22, car was done at the upfitter on 5/14 and then it got sent to a holding yard outside of Toledo until 7/15. I ended up going to the shipping yard myself, with plates and a letter from the dealership, allowing me to pick it up myself. It was actually fun. Closest thing to picking it up from the factory.

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
turboluigi, I ordered my 2019 scat pack widebody on June 1, 2019. I just picked up the car on Friday August 31, 2019, that is 1 day shy of 13 weeks. The frustrating part is that they told me it would come in 4 - 6 weeks.
Glad you finally got it but that dealer estimate of 4-6 weeks was totally out to lunch, guess your dealer either forgot or had no idea your car had to go to Upfitter for completion. Thought their normal prediction was 6-8 weeks for normal cars then add another 2 weeks for the Upfitter would have made more sense. Anyway the railroad issues causes all the OEMs headaches, just not enough rail cars in the busy time of the year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing guys, it is truly frustrating and really something which there is little excuse for in today's world of Internet Of Things and advanced logistics. Great news though! I received a surprise call after lunch today that the car had arrived. So after a couple of hours at the dealer waiting on Pre-Delivery Inspection, clean up, and paperwork, I picked her up today :).

I love it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered my Scat Pack on August 23. It's been two weeks now and this "Waiting Game" is killing me! Was told 6 to 8 weeks delivery. These stories of long delays are not helping any!!!:rolleyes:
Todd

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Congrats, enjoy it (y)

A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts