Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a good sun blocker to put in the windshield? It gets pretty hot down here in TX and I'm hoping to find a good quality shade - maybe one made specifically for a Challenger - certainly something more than a standard shade you can get at WalMart.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The UVS100™ Heat Shield by Covercraft is a really nice sunshield. Its a rigid shield that folds like an acordian. I was never a big fan of the softer ones, but they still work.
They are custom fit for each vehicle and I have these for all of my vehicles (challenger, mustang, trailblazer) and they fit great. A little pricey, but the oldest one is over 5 years old and still holding up so I'm very pleased.:bigthumb: The only caution I would offer is that they are constructed of foam board type material (internally) and could be easily broken if someone sits or places heavy objects on top of them when they aren't being used.
http://www.covercraft.com/windshield_heat_shield.htm

·
Registered
330 Posts
The UVS100™ Heat Shield by Covercraft is a really nice sunshield. Its a rigid shield that folds like an acordian. I was never a big fan of the softer ones, but they still work.
They are custom fit for each vehicle and I have these for all of my vehicles (challenger, mustang, trailblazer) and they fit great. A little pricey, but the oldest one is over 5 years old and still holding up so I'm very pleased.:bigthumb: The only caution I would offer is that they are constructed of foam board type material (internally) and could be easily broken if someone sits or places heavy objects on top of them when they aren't being used.
Window Sun Shields
Bought the same one, I love it. paid $50 for the custom shield and $8 for the leather pouch to hold it in.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Mark052 how much are those Heat Shields, do you recall? Thanks,Lt.R.D.S.-P.P.Dept.
I paid pretty much paid what RT paid, $50.00, not counting s/h charges. Amazon has them for $48 with free shipping.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I paid pretty much paid what RT paid, $50.00, not counting s/h charges. Amazon has them for $48 with free shipping.:browsmiley:
Where do you find these on Amazon in the right size? I find these on Amazon, but the website tells me that they do not fit the Dodge Challenger using there sizing software utility.

I even checked 2010 and 2011 models.

Got a direct link?

JFF:D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Where do you find these on Amazon in the right size? I find these on Amazon, but the website tells me that they do not fit the Dodge Challenger using there sizing software utility.

I even checked 2010 and 2011 models.

Got a direct link?

JFF:D
Sorry about that.:eek: I missed that when I googled the part, looks like amazon doesn't stock ones for the challenger.:(
I had gotten mine from auto anything several years ago but super car covers has them for the same deal as amazon. http://www.supercarcovers.com/covercraft/redirect.php?NextKey=U

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for the link. Just ordered mine. Has been 100 degrees + for the last 2 weeks here in Texas and doesnt seem to be getting cooler

·
Premium Member
472 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation for a good sun blocker to put in the windshield? It gets pretty hot down here in TX and I'm hoping to find a good quality shade - maybe one made specifically for a Challenger - certainly something more than a standard shade you can get at WalMart.
I would knock the one @ Walmart before you try it. :thumbsup:
I am pretty sure that is the one I decided worked best for me. I lay it on the dash upside down so the cutout for the mirror fits over my radar detector and it more it less fits really well. It has been holding up it's shape and I have no plans on looking for a replacement. I live in TX as well and my car sits in the sun pretty much all day while I am at work.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thats the same one that I got and it didnt work for me. Constantly fell down and would not block the sun out. This one (while it is 35 dollars more) is custom fit and will be much better. Or so I hope...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Thats the same one that I got and it didnt work for me. Constantly fell down and would not block the sun out.
Ah, probably so for me too. I more or less lay it on the dash as I figure that is all I really need and it is easy to put in and out and it protects my radar detector with the cutout.

·
Registered
607 Posts
True, thats how it was for me. But I dont have a garage yet (in college and my car is almost constantly in the sun) so I really wanted one that is flush.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i'd go with the CoverCraft. Perfect fit. and i'd suggest a front windshield tint.. i got mine tinted using SunTek 80% visibility.. reduces much of the heat and is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Finally got my Covercraft Heat Shield in the other day and man what a difference. They had to make it because they didnt have any in stock so it took a little over a week, but it is SO much better. Unbelievable difference now it only feels like its 80 degrees in the car instead of 104

1 - 16 of 16 Posts